grGlideShamelessPlug and grSplash

New ideas and suggestions.
Ray Koopa

grGlideShamelessPlug and grSplash

Post by Ray Koopa »

Hey there!

This is a completely unimportant feature request. I wonder if grShamelessPlug and grSplash could be implemented.
These are two undocumented functions in the Glide 2(.4) Library, which are actually demonstrated in the official Glide 2 SDK Test16 and defined as follows:

Code: Select all

FX_ENTRY void FX_CALL grGlideShamelessPlug(const FxBool on);
FX_ENTRY void FX_CALL grSplash(float x, float y, float width, float height, FxU32 frame);
grGlideShamelessPlug creates a watermark at the bottom right.
grSplash renders the specified frame of the splash screen (with background transparency) in the given rectangle. The frame variable seems to loop if it rans off the end (% frame count).

This is how Test16 looks like if run in 86Box (sorry, I no longer have real hardware), after pressing P and R:

However, with nGlide, both don't appear. I guess this was left out as it would just create unrequired headache. Since I haven't found a discussion about it yet, I thought I'd just about it nicely :D
Zeus
Site Admin

Re: grGlideShamelessPlug and grSplash

Post by Zeus »

Hi Ray,

didn't you accidentally disabled "splash logo" in nGlide configurator?
Ray Koopa

Re: grGlideShamelessPlug and grSplash

Post by Ray Koopa »

The splash logo at startup works fine, but even if it is enabled, nGlide doesn't render the "grGlideShamelessPlug" watermark at the bottom left, as shown in the picture. "grSplash" also doesn't render a frame of the splashscreen, as seen in the bottom right.