How to remove static glide link from game

General discussion about nGlide.
HeroHype

How to remove static glide link from game

Post by HeroHype »

I know there's a working patch for Hype The Time Quest and i'm super grateful for it!
My goal is to make the game more accessible by developing a installer which works for current Hardware and Windows versions.
The installer should be super easy to use and have no dependencies. So i need the game to run without an inserted CD-Rom.
There is an available patch https://gamecopyworld.com/games/pc_hype.shtml tho it won't work with nGlide.
My guess: the exe has a static link to glide. I think that's why there's a patch for Hype from Zeus.

I'm not reakky into the technical parts -yet- but i'm working on it.
Maybe some of you can help me with this. How can i remove the static link and make the code dynamic.

Thanks already!
steelmerry

Re: How to remove static glide link from game

Post by steelmerry »

HeroHype wrote: Fri May 13, 2022 12:30 pm I know there's a working patch for Hype The Time Quest and i'm super grateful for it!
My goal is to make the game more accessible by developing a installer which works for current Hardware and Windows versions.
The installer should be super easy to use and have no dependencies. So i need the game to run without an inserted CD-Rom.
There is an available patch https://gamecopyworld.com/games/pc_hype.shtml tho it won't work with nGlide.
My guess: the exe has a static link to glide. I think that's why there's a patch for Hype from Zeus.

I'm not reakky into the technical parts -yet- but i'm working on it.
Maybe some of you can help me with this. How can i remove the static link and make the code dynamic.

Thanks already!
Is there any new update to make it work with nGlide?
Windows 98 Qemu virtual with geometry dash world 3dfx patch from KJLIEW, Catalyst 14.4, Voodoo2 W2k 1.02.00 drivers