Racing Simulation 2 from Ubisoft - game speed issues

General discussion about nGlide.
agathosdaimon

Racing Simulation 2 from Ubisoft - game speed issues

Post by agathosdaimon »

Hi
I am unsure what to do here with this one - i install teh game for is 3dfx option as that one looks the best, however the game will run very slowly - if i switch off the vsync, then it runs far too fast - urgh, i just need it to be a setting in between.

would this be something anyone can help with?

if i try it with DGvoodoo, i get a similar result - runs super fast, but it if put on the vsync then it runs like everything is moving through mud.
agathosdaimon

Re: Racing Simulation 2 from Ubisoft - game speed issues

Post by agathosdaimon »

okay thanks for Virtualiceman over at Vogons - i learnt that if you have an nvidia card the fps can be set in its CPL and in doing this (set it to round 94) the game runs perfectly at a good normal speed
mini-z

Re: Racing Simulation 2 from Ubisoft - game speed issues

Post by mini-z »

Most games you can fps limit via Rivatuner server statistics perfectly fine specially with Nglide working as rendering api on either vulkan or direct x, works the same with other programs that can do emulation of older direct x or direct 3d like dgvoodoo2.

Comes normally with msi afterburner, kind of prefer using that instead of Nvidias own drivers here.
Works fine with AMD,ATI & Intels integrated graphics as well with this, and runs on windows xp too which is nice too have on a older laptop that doesn't need too render a crazy amount of fps for some games.

Lets you enable a global profile as long as the program can detect it, which doesn't always work ofc like carmageddon tdr 2000 doesn't auto detect for me & also doesn't run in full screen heh.
Or create specific ones too certain games or exes.

https://www.guru3d.com/content-page/rivatuner.html

Also just noticed i necro'd the thread a bit lol, July...