European Air Wars or EAW

Discussion anything off topic.
Col. Gibbon

European Air Wars or EAW

Post by Col. Gibbon »

Part of the EAW community has set up a development group here.

If you would like to help out to make EAW even better, please contact me via a PM.

:)
Sturmtiger

Re: European Air Wars or EAW

Post by Sturmtiger »

High I signed on to test the new EAW.

Life intervened unfortunately, but I am back on it.

I remember getting it to run on Windows 7 a few years ago, but I have forgotten how to do it.

I checked around the internet and I am not having any luck. I thought there was a little program that you added to run it with. I could be mistaking it for another older program.

My second question is: The download you gave me had the 1.28 and a 1.40 version. On the web i see a few yesrs ago you had posted a 1.50. Am I supposed to stay with the 1.40?

Thank you
Col. Gibbon

Post by Col. Gibbon »

Hi Sturmtiger.

There are two EAW groups. This one supports 1.29, and SimHQ 1.50. The reason for the split is simply 1.50 has no simple back compatibility, where 1.29 does.

I supports EAW 1.29.exe, Drop in and Play Technology. ;)

1.29 download

Just download and install Nglide, then unzip EAW 1.29, open the game and open Game Set Up, set Graphics to Glide.

Play the game.

Install any downloads in the root folder or use a file handler like OAW, of Skins N' More, both available on Sandbaggers.
Sturmtiger

Post by Sturmtiger »

I must be getting old.

I have tried to run both versions of the new EAW and I always get a CTD.

I have tried a different array of compatibility modes and also downloaded the runtime file on MEDIA files.

I am running windows 7 home premium. I have an I7 Intel chip (older).

I have 16gig of ram and a newer radeon card.

I know that I have gotten an older version of EAW to run within the last two years, but I cannot remember how.

I have also been searching through the SimHQ and other places for a fix.

I do not have EAW installed on the C: drive in program files. Could this be the problem?

Thanks for any help.
RussW

Post by RussW »

Hi Sturmtiger.
Seems like you need to use a program called D3D Windower it has helped me get in the air http://www.fileplanet.com/198137/190000 ... h-version/ unzip it into EAW run it and then use the buttons along the top to point it to your EAW exe ..Might I suggest you head over to SimHQ and find a post from Mr.Jelly and look at the bottom of his post and find links to EAW 1.50 and go there and download some stuff..Also Col Gibbon has posts to a working 1.29..Good luck M8I'm running it on Win 7 64 Home premium..Sorry read your post again didn't see you tried the Col's version try the windower
Semper FI
FsFOOT

Post by FsFOOT »

EAW also runs on Linux with Wine Software.
EAWonLinux

GotMint? How-To Linux Mint 18 Mate edition Installed, saving my Laptop by making it a Dual-Boot

Linux Mint Mate 18 - My only OS
MarkEAW

Post by MarkEAW »

Try the "stock" version of EAW of v1.2 to see if you can get it to run.
I have a install guide here, with 3dfx/Glide (nGlide) noted:

https://eaw.neocities.org/eaw-manually-install.html

It runs on Win7 and Win10 in D3D mode, and Glide mode with Zeuses nGlide.
VonBeerhofen

Post by VonBeerhofen »

European Air War works great on all operating systems in both D3D and Glide or nGlide with various versions of the modded game. If you need help you can contact me in our (admission free) chatroom as it may change:

http://www.chatzy.com/251310437564

Open all day ,no membership required, professional help or just a chat. And you can also have a look at my latest creations or just visit our screenshot gallery to get an impression of our games! Just leave a message and I'll get back to you ASAP.

http://rabartel.home.xs4all.nl/test/Gal ... airwar.net