is it possible to add any option to create profil and framerate limiter ?

New ideas and suggestions.
willow31

is it possible to add any option to create profil and framerate limiter ?

Post by willow31 »

1) With some games, I must change parameters in nglide configurator at each time I change game.

For example, in redline racer at 144hz there are physics problem and I must select 60hz. In NFS5, the game works very well at 144hz.

If it is possible to add profile loading automatically when the game is launched, it would be very usefull.

2) Is is possible to add framerate limiter because sone games are fps sensitive and no fps caps. With my display at 144hz even with vsync on, there can be some problems.

thanks.
Zeus
Site Admin

Re: is it possible to add any option to create profil and framerate limiter ?

Post by Zeus »

willow31 wrote:1) With some games, I must change parameters in nglide configurator at each time I change game.

For example, in redline racer at 144hz there are physics problem and I must select 60hz. In NFS5, the game works very well at 144hz.

If it is possible to add profile loading automatically when the game is launched, it would be very usefull.
You can create separate .bat files for problematic games like RLR.

Leave nGlide config at 144Hz, but create rlr_3dfx_60.bat in a game directory with:
set NGLIDE_REFRESH=2
start rlr_3dfx.exe

From now on launch the game with it.

More info about nGlide environment variables here.
willow31 wrote: 2) Is is possible to add framerate limiter because sone games are fps sensitive and no fps caps. With my display at 144hz even with vsync on, there can be some problems.
I cannot recall any Glide API titles that would work too fast at 60Hz.
willow31

Post by willow31 »

Zeus wrote: I cannot recall any Glide API titles that would work too fast at 60Hz.
Redline racer for example.
At 144hz, game don't work too fast but moto physics is bugged.
i would like to use advantages of 144hz and limit framerate to 60fps to avoid bug of moto physics.
Last edited by willow31 on Tue Apr 24, 2018 3:04 pm, edited 3 times in total.
willow31

Post by willow31 »

Zeus wrote:
willow31 wrote:1) With some games, I must change parameters in nglide configurator at each time I change game.

You can create separate .bat files for problematic games like RLR.

Leave nGlide config at 144Hz, but create rlr_3dfx_60.bat in a game directory with:
set NGLIDE_REFRESH=2
start rlr_3dfx.exe

From now on launch the game with it.

More info about nGlide environment variables here.

Thanks
Zeus
Site Admin

Post by Zeus »

willow31 wrote:
Zeus wrote: I cannot recall any Glide API titles that would work too fast at 60Hz.
Redline racer for example.
RLR doesn't count. It works okay at 60Hz.
willow31 wrote: At 144hz, game don't work too fast but moto physics is bugged.
i would like to use advantages of 144hz and limit framerate to 60fps to avoid bug of moto physics.
You don't want that. The framerate won't match the refresh rate resulting with higher latency. A much better solution is what I proposed earlier, simply switch to 60Hz via nGlide variables or configurator for this particular title.
Moff

Post by Moff »

Zeus wrote:You don't want that. The framerate won't match the refresh rate resulting with higher latency. A much better solution is what I proposed earlier, simply switch to 60Hz via nGlide variables or configurator for this particular title.
Hm, in my experience it's always been the other way around - using vsync results in very noticeable input delay, while limiting framerate does not. Old Zeckensack's glide wrapper had fps limit option, and it didn't introduced any lag.
When i play unreal engine games with nglide, i have to limit the fps somehow, or else they run too fast, but if i force vsync using nglide configuration, i get pretty bad input delay. However, if i turn vsync on in-game, it limits fps to whatever RefreshRate option is set at, without actually forcing vsync, and this way the games work perfectly well without any delay.
willow31

Post by willow31 »

Zeus wrote: You don't want that. The framerate won't match the refresh rate resulting with higher latency. A much better solution is what I proposed earlier, simply switch to 60Hz via nGlide variables or configurator for this particular title.
I have gsync monitor then no problem with higher latency.
The advantage of 144hz mode with 144hz monitor and 60 fps framerate is to decrease reponse time and less remanence and blur and no bug with physics for example in redline racer. The best of two worlds. At 60hz, I don't have the advantage of my 144hz monitor.