Custom Graphic Enhancements?

New ideas and suggestions.
Zeus
Site Admin

Re: Custom Graphic Enhancements?

Post by Zeus »

ReShade 4.4 adds support for Vulkan, so you can now use it with nGlide's Vulkan backend as well.

You can download it here.

ug_vulkan_reshade_1.jpg
ug_vulkan_reshade_1.jpg (799.55 KiB) Viewed 8151 times
ug_vulkan_reshade_2.jpg
ug_vulkan_reshade_2.jpg (996.96 KiB) Viewed 8151 times
3dfx-Man

Post by 3dfx-Man »

Unreal 1998 ? And how to use reshade for all 3dfx-games if it apply for one selected game ("Select game to install") ?

About Unreal 98 I tried run it in glide with original version ok But with the update version 227i crash only with glide API but it run with opengl or dx (Already fixed it with only window mode for 227i version + glide API) and with Texture Pack I can't start a new game if glide mode But it works with others api...
Matsilagi

Post by Matsilagi »

3dfx-Man wrote: Fri Nov 15, 2019 4:18 pm Unreal 1998 ? And how to use reshade for all 3dfx-games if it apply for one selected game ("Select game to install") ?

About Unreal 98 I tried run it in glide with original version ok But with the update version 227i crash only with glide API but it run with opengl or dx (Already fixed it with only window mode for 227i version + glide API) and with Texture Pack I can't start a new game if glide mode But it works with others api...
It has to be installed per game, installing it globally would make it so it would use 1 config per game aswell.
+, depending of which backend you have set for nGlide (If it isn't Vulkan or DirectX, but auto), some games would fail to load ReShade.

As for the glide version of Unreal, i'll try that soon-ish, and report the results. I've been using both dgVoodoo2 and (sometimes) nGlide to use ReShade and it always worked well.
3dfx-Man

Post by 3dfx-Man »

Matsilagi wrote: Fri Nov 15, 2019 6:36 pm
As for the glide version of Unreal, i'll try that soon-ish, and report the results. I've been using both dgVoodoo2 and (sometimes) nGlide to use ReShade and it always worked well.
Thanks for answering (Zeus is in the Temple of Olympian). Try install the texture pack (http://www.unrealtexture.com/Unreal/Web ... ighEnd.htm) and run it with glide api.

And set the config to run it with high texture:
Set Resolution to the resolution of your screen
Set Texture detail and Skin detail to High
Tick all checkboxes
Set Pawn shadows to Realtime high res
https://www.dosgamers.com/windows95-98/ ... mes/unreal
Matsilagi

Post by Matsilagi »

3dfx-Man wrote: Fri Nov 15, 2019 8:09 pm
Matsilagi wrote: Fri Nov 15, 2019 6:36 pm
Thanks for answering (Zeus is in the Temple of Olympian). Try install the texture pack (http://www.unrealtexture.com/Unreal/Web ... ighEnd.htm) and run it with glide api.

And set the config to run it with high texture:
Set Resolution to the resolution of your screen
Set Texture detail and Skin detail to High
Tick all checkboxes
Set Pawn shadows to Realtime high res
https://www.dosgamers.com/windows95-98/ ... mes/unreal
It worked fine with your texture packs + the configs you said.
Unreal Gold from GOG with the Unnofficial Patch + ReShade 4.4.2
Tested with the RTGI effect and it worked fine.

Only error i had was releated to the texture packs i installed, the game was complaining one of them was 256x256 without mipmaps, but on the ReShade side, i had no issues.
3dfx-Man

Post by 3dfx-Man »

Unnofficial Patch
Unnofficial Patch == 227i ?
Matsilagi

Post by Matsilagi »

3dfx-Man wrote: Sat Nov 16, 2019 11:32 pm
Unnofficial Patch
Unnofficial Patch == 227i ?
Yes, exactly

Btw, on that subject, i might later list all games that work with reShade + nGlide and their Support (Depth Buffer and whatnot) + im trying to work with Zeus (at the moment of this edit, waiting a reply) to get the Vulkan-exclusive 3DFX 16-bit filter working on both renderers with the use of ReShade.

Lets see how both will end out, i think i might start the list next week, and create a new thread on ReShade me (or here) dedicated to that.