Actua Soccer 2

Report bugs, errors, problems, etc.
Bladeforce

Re: Actua Soccer 2

Post by Bladeforce »

The file D:\GAMEDATA\STADIUMS\day0028.mad is stored on the CD. I have done a full install but that file isn't in the installation folder so I presuming it looks for it from the cd drive?
Gamecollector

Post by Gamecollector »

It looks like d: is a cd-rom drive.
I have attached the content of my Actua Soccer 2 cd as the test tool.
The game is working perfectly for me. Real Voodoo2 and nGlide 1.01. Compact and Typical installations.
The only glitch is - very low FPS at the intro movie.
Attachments
Actua2lists.7z
(18.91 KiB) Downloaded 507 times
ASUS P4P800 SE, Pentium4 3.2E/2 GiB DDR400 (3-3-3-8), Sapphire Radeon HD3850 AGP, 2 Voodoo2 12 MB (SLI), Audigy 2 ZS.
Windows XP SP3 Pro Rus (w/o the POSReady hack), Catalyst 14.4, Voodoo2 W2k 1.02.00 drivers.
Bladeforce

Post by Bladeforce »

Seems I'll have to give up on this one, everything seems ok installation wise just keep getting the API error similar to the actua golf 2 problem i had before it was solved, thanks anyway guys :)
petran79

Post by petran79 »

I do not know what happened. I had installed the game and even managed to run it in 1366x768 resolution. It would crash at higher res.

Then after a few days I tried running it. Had not touched anything. I notice that intro music does not play this time, despite the CD image being present. Tried to load a soccer match and I get the API error.

I had used dgvoodo and had also installed Nglide. If I remove Dgvoodo, game will not run at all, giving me an instruction error. With dgvoodo it launches till the menu but crashes before match starts. I used the modified exe file, no difference.

Dxwnd hadnt any result either. Very fickle game. Only soiution is by pcem/86box but it is slower and without HD resolutions
petran79

Post by petran79 »

I fixed the graphic issue but now game does not have any in-game sound and commentary. Sound and music are only heard in the menu.
Same problem for Actua Soccer 3