Performance issues since Meltdown?

Report bugs, errors, problems, etc.
Goost

Performance issues since Meltdown?

Postby Goost » Tue Feb 06, 2018 4:44 pm

Hi,

I've been using nGlide for a while now to do speedruns of Arabian Nights, and since the start of January, me and another runner have both had issues with the game slowing down to single-digit frame rates. This happened during AGDQ as well.
I started looking into what may have happened since the start of January, and then I remembered that Meltdown was patched in Windows, so the first thing I tried was removing the Meltdown patch, and I haven't had performance issues with the game since then. I also asked various people who have played the game recently whether they had the patch installed, and it turns out everyone with performance issues has had it installed.

Could this be anything to do with nGlide, or might it just be an issue with the game itself?

Zeus
Site Admin

Re: Performance issues since Meltdown?

Postby Zeus » Wed Feb 07, 2018 4:32 am

No idea, we will have to find out...

It would be great if you could 100% confirm it's mentioned update causing the problem by installing it again, playing the game until you reproduce the issue, then uninstall the update and repeat.

I would also check one thing if you're using Windows 10 Fall Creators Update: there's a new feature called "Fullscreen Optimizations" there, but it's buggy in the current version.

Try to deactivate it and test the game again (right click on a _st3dfx.exe Properties -> Compatibility tab).

https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/win ... 81a?auth=1

Posting your PC specs / Windows version + build number / nGlide version + settings may also help.

Return to “Problems”