this is amazing, I have questions though...

New ideas and suggestions.
LSPressworks

this is amazing, I have questions though...

Postby LSPressworks » Fri Jun 16, 2017 5:42 pm

So here is the basic thing, your application is kind of amazing. Seems way better than trying to accomplish a dosbox build that will actually install 98se and think it has a proper guest video card.

For me, I'm trying to get revenant running proper d3d WITH hardware lighting and text overlays.
So far, this is allowing at least full on d3d mode.

The questions I have are these:

Is it with the realm of possibility to create something similar to map commands from a 64meg d3d dx7 generation card to modern hardware?
So many things on GOG could benifit from getting down with d3d dx7 calls. Like, alot alot. (GeForce 2 MX or similar). The reason I am thinking generic, is that even though those cards weren't as slick as some of the voodoos, they were more or less universally compatible.

Is it anything I can help with? I am a half butted programmer who is interested in how this is accomplished. Sooner or later I have to learn the hard parts of the whole, coding thing.

I would love to have a software antique build, like an athlon 900 with proper hardware on the guest, but my breath isn't held.

So, since you've already invented the wheel...is there a way to put a new tire on it?

Zeus
Site Admin

Re: this is amazing, I have questions though...

Postby Zeus » Fri Jun 16, 2017 10:01 pm

Maybe one day, I'm thinking about it. Right now I want to finish what I started but what is moving slow due to a limited time. ;)

Return to “Suggestions”