CTD when back to map screen on Apache Longbow by DI.

Report bugs, errors, problems, etc.
Lgxone

CTD when back to map screen on Apache Longbow by DI.

Postby Lgxone » Fri Dec 21, 2018 8:36 am

It's a good thing to me that Nglide 1.05 and 2.0 works on Apache Longbow by Digital Integration(It's the same as the one of Front Line Fighters packgage, and then adds Voodoo2 patch) in Glide2x mode on flying(cockpit) screen, but whenever going back to map debriefing screen the game is CTD.

Playing Quickstart mode is OK because the mode doesn't offer map screen. So I think the CTD is something related to the moment changing to map screen.

My laptop is I5 2.2GHz, Win 8.1. Intel HD5500 and Nvidia 840M for graphic. 840M is used for Nglide.

I will appreciate if the issue is addressed. Thanks.

Gamecollector

Re: CTD when back to map screen on Apache Longbow by DI.

Postby Gamecollector » Fri Dec 21, 2018 3:15 pm

Yes, known bug (Hind and F-16: Fighting Falcon are affected too), was reported to Zeus, maybe the next version will fix this bug.
Asus P4P800 SE/Pentium4 3.2E/2 GB DDR400 (3-3-3-8),
Radeon HD3850 AGP (Sapphire), Catalyst 14.4 (XpProSp3).
2 Voodoo2 12 MB (SLI), Win2k drivers 1.02.00 (XpProSp3).

Lgxone

Postby Lgxone » Sat Dec 22, 2018 5:13 am

Thank you for the report and comment.:)

Zeus
Site Admin

Postby Zeus » Sat Dec 29, 2018 6:05 am

It debugged game exe and it seems debriefing screen crash wasn't caused by nGlide. I uploaded modified file to nGlide's compatibility list.

Not sure about F16: Fighting Falcon. I didn't have any crashes or freezes. Any difference with .exe from compat list nad W95 compat mode?

Gamecollector

Postby Gamecollector » Sun Dec 30, 2018 2:02 am

Well, Apache Longbow is ok on my Voodoo2 SLI PC. And crashes with nGlide. So - nGlide was of course selected as the cause. :)
Tested, the patch works with nGlide 2.00. But there are no animations...

P.S. Zeus, will you create the "original version" patch?

Zeus wrote:Any difference with .exe from compat list nad W95 compat mode?

*Censored*. It works! I can't believe it! And they said an imitation diamond isn't good enough...
So EmulateDirectDrawSync and IgnoreExceptions aren't enough to run this game correctly... I will try to find the exact ACT fix, the Win95 mode is too complex.

WtF? After I have reinstalled the game - it crashes again after the "Takeoff" button. Even with the Win95 compatibility mode for f1695_3dfx2.exe. Arrrgh!!!
Asus P4P800 SE/Pentium4 3.2E/2 GB DDR400 (3-3-3-8),
Radeon HD3850 AGP (Sapphire), Catalyst 14.4 (XpProSp3).
2 Voodoo2 12 MB (SLI), Win2k drivers 1.02.00 (XpProSp3).

Lgxone

Postby Lgxone » Sun Dec 30, 2018 6:53 am

I tried the new apache95.exe.

Maybe it sounds weirdly. On my win8.1 laptop, Apache windows version can run without compatibility mode, but it crashes on win95 or XP compatibility. (On the other hand, Hind and F16 only can run with win95/98 and 16bit colors compatibility mode.)

After with the new exe, when going back to debriefing map screen after flying, it goes to desktop screen but it isn't CTD, I see the game icon on windows taskbar. When click the icon, I can go to debriefing screen with no issue.

I have flown a mission play(also some flying) and quickstart, both are the same process as above while going back to debriefing map screen and theater map screen.

No CTD is welcome and thankful for me.

Edit: As for animation, opening animation doesn't play, but campagins' ones seem to play well enough.
Edit2: Hind and F16 work as the above compatibility set in software mode, CTD in 3dfx mode when starting though.

Return to “Problems”