Carmageddon graphics issues on Win10

Report bugs, errors, problems, etc.
gilley

Carmageddon graphics issues on Win10

Postby gilley » Mon Sep 24, 2018 1:24 am

I have a Optiplex pc running Win10 and uses software rendering for graphics. Trying to play the game with decent graphics but am running into trouble as right now the trees and such look like they were drawn with an x-a-scketch. I tried to make adjustments to nglide and dosbox and it seemed to work but then I started to find duplicate files of dosbox and nglide in different folders and which I was unable to delete. Downloaded and installed nglide 2.0 but when dealing with support from GOG I was told they could not assist as nglide2.0 was not shipped with the download. I cant find a manual or guide to assist with the actual setup for a pc that does not have a graphics card.

Thanks.

Zeus
Site Admin

Re: Carmageddon graphics issues on Win10

Postby Zeus » Tue Sep 25, 2018 2:20 am

nGlide should work properly out of the box, there are no special steps when dealing with Win10 software rendering.

Perhaps Microsoft broke something with an update; the last time I tried it, it worked as it should.

If you want to try a different nGlide version with the game you just need to install it from the installer and rename or delete glide2x.dll file (dll only, do not touch glide2x.ovl) from Carma1\DOSBox directory.

Return to “Problems”