Issue when loading level in Donald Duck: Quack Attack

Report bugs, errors, problems, etc.
emanuelect

Issue when loading level in Donald Duck: Quack Attack

Post by emanuelect »

I've just found out that Donald Duck: Quack Attack can be started via nGlide by copying the GliVd1vf.dll file (which was missing) in the "DLL" folder found in the game's directory. I took that file directly from the "DLL" folder from Rayman 2 (both of the games has the same graphics engine). Then I edited the ubi.ini file located in "C:\Windows\Ubisoft" and the game fires up with no problems. I can move the character inside Gyro Gearloose house (it's like a warp room Crash Bandicoot-alike), I can selected levels and such things, but when I start one, I can hear the music and sounds, I can walk with Donald, but I can't see nothing, just a static image of a sky that takes the whole screen. The sky image is different for every level. While the only level that loads correctly (that means I can regularly play it), it's the bonus level.

Gamecollector

Re: Issue when loading level in Donald Duck: Quack Attack

Post by Gamecollector »

emanuelect wrote:the game fires up with no problems
Freezes (Voodoo2 SLI)/ ctds (nGlide 2.00) after the Disney Interactive logo.
ASUS P4P800 SE, Pentium4 3.2E/2 GiB DDR400 (3-3-3-8), Sapphire Radeon HD3850 AGP, 2 Voodoo2 12 MB (SLI), Audigy 2 ZS.
Windows XP SP3 Pro Rus (w/o the POSReady hack), Catalyst 14.4, Voodoo2 W2k 1.02.00 drivers.
emanuelect

Post by emanuelect »

It's crashing because of the intro videos, you just need to delete them from the directory and it'll not crash.
Zeus
Site Admin

Post by Zeus »

Wasn't this debunked in the past?

From what I remember GliVd1vf.dll from Rayman 2 even though it allows to run the game in Glide mode isn't 100% compatible with it.. and is directly a reason why the scene (except a skybox) is invisible.
Gamecollector

Post by Gamecollector »

Have renamed Ubi400x300.avi and introGame.avi.
Have edited the [donald] section in ubi.ini:

Code: Select all

GLI_DllFile=GliVD1
GLI_Dll=Glide2
GLI_Mode=1 - 1024 x 768 x 16
The result - same as in the 1st post. Voodoo2 SLI and nGlide 2.00. Unpatched and patched GliVD1vf.dll.
IMHO - the case is closed. Rayman 2 renderer isn't compatible with this game.
ASUS P4P800 SE, Pentium4 3.2E/2 GiB DDR400 (3-3-3-8), Sapphire Radeon HD3850 AGP, 2 Voodoo2 12 MB (SLI), Audigy 2 ZS.
Windows XP SP3 Pro Rus (w/o the POSReady hack), Catalyst 14.4, Voodoo2 W2k 1.02.00 drivers.