gex 3d not working

Report bugs, errors, problems, etc.
vortexal

gex 3d not working

Post by vortexal »

I've been trying to get this game to work all day I've read several forum posts on various sites and I've solved all of the issues so far but I seem to have come across an issue that no one else has had. every time I try to run gex 3d I get this error message: "main: grSstOpen failed". I've read that you should be able to fix this by installing directx 9, which I have but I'm still getting the error message.
vortexal

Re: gex 3d not working

Post by vortexal »

ok so after doing some more testing I have determined that nglide doesn't work on my computer for some reason. Gex 3d doesn't work, boss rally doesn't work (even though this game is direct3d compatible) and deus ex only works fine because it can use more that just 3dfx. I'd test more games but I'm tired of working hard to get games to work properly, just to find out they wont work.
Zeus
Site Admin

Post by Zeus »

What is your operating system and PC specs?
vortexal

Post by vortexal »

windows 7 32bit
cpu:intel atom cpu n455
gpu:intel graphics media accelerator 3150
ram: 1gb physical and 4 gb virtual
Zeus
Site Admin

Post by Zeus »

That explains why nGlide doesn't work for you. You're using graphics card that doesn't fully support DirectX 9 (Intel GMA 3150). Intel GMA 4500 is the minimum.

And before you ask... yes, all these advertisements/info pages about supporting DirectX 9 or even 10 in GMA 900 / 3000 series are obviously false. ;)

When it comes to Intel HD/UHD/Iris all are supported.
vortexal

Post by vortexal »

ok that makes sense. I always thought that I had directx 9 on my computer because the emulator ppsspp stats that I do and even lets me run games using directx 9 as a backend, even though they don't run very well. But now I'm kinda confused, I read that directx 11 is backwards compatible with software that requires older versions of directx and I've never had an issue with it until now.