Weird rythmic stutter in Rayman 2

Report bugs, errors, problems, etc.
JohnnyGui

Weird rythmic stutter in Rayman 2

Postby JohnnyGui » Tue Feb 21, 2017 10:34 pm

Hello,

It's been a long while since I've posted something about this but there still isn't any fix for this. For some reason, when enabling Vsync through the nVidia Control Panel (OFF in the nGlide options) and setting the refresh rate to any option in the nGlide options, Rayman 2 seems to have this very short rythmic stutter when the camera is moving. I noticed that when turning Vsync completely OFF, there are screen tears at the moments when the stutter used to happen. Also the stutter mainly seems to happen when the camera moves vertically (up or down). Setting the refresh rate to my own screen refresh rate doesn't help, neither does selecting another type of Vsync like Adaptive Sync.

The reason I choose not to use the Vsync option in the nGlide options itself is because it makes the movements of Rayman and other objects in the game unrealistically fast and some animations of Rayman (jumping up from hanging on a ledge) don't work properly. Here's the weird part; when using Vsync in the Glide options the stutter seems to be replaced with a weird framerate drop/worse stutter when the camera moves vertically.

The best place/level in the game which makes this bug very noticeable is in the level of The Sanctuary of Stone and Fire, particularly at the place there where you use a plum to go down a long lava stream. You'll understand what I mean if the bug is also reproduceable at your end.
Rayman 2.jpg
Rayman 2.jpg (221.42 KiB) Viewed 1059 times

My specs:
WIndows 10 Pro x64 bit
GTX Geforce 660Ti with 375.95 WHQL drivers
i5-3570K CPU
8 GB RAM
1 TB HDD

What might be the problem here and is there any fix for this?

Zeus
Site Admin

Re: Weird rythmic stutter in Rayman 2

Postby Zeus » Wed Mar 01, 2017 7:19 pm

Thanks for additional information.

I didn't forget, the bug is still awaiting in a queue to analyze and eventually fix.
It isn't still because I had more prioritised stuff to do. I'll let you know when something changes.

JohnnyGui

Postby JohnnyGui » Fri Mar 03, 2017 10:29 pm

Zeus wrote:Thanks for additional information.

I didn't forget, the bug is still awaiting in a queue to analyze and eventually fix.
It isn't still because I had more prioritised stuff to do. I'll let you know when something changes.

Great to hear from you about this! I'll be waiting for your update :D

JohnnyGui

Postby JohnnyGui » Sat Mar 04, 2017 12:52 pm

Btw, here's my savefolder if you don't happen to have one that has the mentioned level available yet.

The folder inside the zip (Slot1) has to be put in the ...\Rayman 2\Data\SaveGame path.
Attachments
Slot1.zip
(8.47 KiB) Downloaded 52 times

JohnnyGui

Postby JohnnyGui » Fri Apr 07, 2017 10:50 am

Sorry for bumping an old thread, but is there any estimated time on when a new release of nglide will come?

Zeus
Site Admin

Postby Zeus » Sun Apr 23, 2017 11:13 pm

JohnnyGui wrote:

Sorry for bumping an old thread, but is there any estimated time on when a new release of nglide will come?

Nope, sorry. It will released as usual, when it's ready.

Return to “Problems”