Glide 2 to Glide 3?

Discussion anything off topic.
Col. Gibbon

Glide 2 to Glide 3?

Post by Col. Gibbon »

Hi Everyone.

For some years now we have been looking for someone who still knows how to convert Glide 2 to Glide 3.

We use your wrapper to run our Flight Sim European Air Wars, which despite being 1998 vintage, runs on all Windows platforms up to Win 10, in D3D or Glide.

Over the years we have made lots of changes to the game in D3D, but Glide is still stuck in V2. We would love to know how to update the code, so we can use 24 bit 512x512 textures which we can use in D3D.

We have the full game code for EAW, and we would love to remove the 8bit 256x256 textures we are forced to use with Glide 2.

I should add, we are a modding community, based on SimHQ, and we have supported the SIM since 1998. In 2005 Atari gave us permission to used the code, not for profit, which was exactly what we wanted.

Since then we have developed the game code, but we have no idea how to update D3D, Dx, and Glide code, so this area has stood still.

Can anyone help us?
Col. Gibbon

Re: Glide 2 to Glide 3?

Post by Col. Gibbon »

Maybe this might be easier?

Has anyone got Glide documentation for v2 and v3?
Zeus
Site Admin

Post by Zeus »

Hi Col. Gibbon,

send me the latest version of the source code along with instructions how to compile it and I'll see what I can do.

Instructions how to setup modern version (1.40?) + enabling high res textures also would be nice.
MrJelly

Post by MrJelly »

Hi
I have the EAW 140 Code and can give you a link to it.
However, we can only compile it in Visual Studio 2006 and we have our own form of an SDK folder.

Please let me know if this is possible for you an I will send the link via a private message :)
Zeus
Site Admin

Post by Zeus »

Not a problem. I can setup a VM for that.
Col. Gibbon

Post by Col. Gibbon »

Hope you guys can get this sorted.

This will improve the look of the game vastly, as 8bit graphics look really crap these days! :D
Zeus
Site Admin

Post by Zeus »

* still waiting for the link *
MrJelly

Post by MrJelly »

New PM sent with link yesterday :)
MrJelly

Post by MrJelly »

It is a while ago since I posted, but there has been no response to the post or to the PM I had sent. Is there anything I can do?
Zeus
Site Admin

Post by Zeus »

In our last conversation I asked if you know where to disable 8-bit texture format lock in the sources and you said you will see if any your contacts know. Didn't receive any PMs from you after that.