Ultim@te Race Pro - Zeus please support 1.50 patched version

New ideas and suggestions.
Zeus
Site Admin

Re: Ultim@te Race Pro - Zeus please support 1.50 patched ver

Post by Zeus »

IceMan wrote:If it's in Control Panel > Add/Remove programs
That's where it is in Windows XP. In 8.1 it's in "Computer"->"Uninstall or change a program".
IceMan

Post by IceMan »

Okay I think I know what's going on. Your installers for the sdb patches fire up, but don't actually seem to install anything. They never appear in the Control Panel > "Uninstall or change a program" menu at all.

However, I loaded the sdb into ACT's Compatibility Administrator, and when I ran the game through that then all was well (no handling issues, GSYNC, saving fine, etc). So I added your sdb to my master collection (as I keep them all in one database) and re-installed that, then the game works fine. But even my database doesn't show up in Control Panel > "Uninstall or change a program"!
My PC spec: Win10 64bit, i7-4970K (not overclocked) MSI Nvidia GeForce GTX 980, Creative Soundblaster ZX, 16GB RAM, Asus Z98-A motherboard, ROG Swift GSYNC monitor
Zeus
Site Admin

Post by Zeus »

If you want to diagnose why installers aren't working on your PC, launch "Command Prompt" as an Administrator and run PatchInstall.bat in it.

The correct message should be: Installation of Ultimate Race Pro Patch complete.
jan.hondafn2

Re: Ultim@te Race Pro - Zeus please support 1.50 patched version

Post by jan.hondafn2 »

I cannot choose 1024x768 resolution in 3DFX mode. In Addition, the screen looks compressed (black line at the top/bottom of the screen in race mode).

Any suggestions?
Zeus
Site Admin

Post by Zeus »

jan.hondafn2 wrote:I cannot choose 1024x768 resolution in 3DFX mode.
That's fine. The game doesn't support this resolution in 3dfx mode. 800x600 is maximum in v1.50.
jan.hondafn2 wrote:In Addition, the screen looks compressed (black line at the top/bottom of the screen in race mode).
The lines don't come from the game so check your monitor/scaler settings.
jan.hondafn2

Post by jan.hondafn2 »

The lines don't come from the game so check your monitor/scaler settings.
Where can I do this?

EDIT: Solved the problem by switching off the "letter box" option in the GFX menu.

Another issue: I have no lens flare effects. :cry:
Zeus
Site Admin

Post by Zeus »

jan.hondafn2 wrote:EDIT: Solved the problem by switching off the "letter box" option in the GFX menu.
Right, I completely forgot about it as I never enabled it.
jan.hondafn2 wrote:Another issue: I have no lens flare effects. :cry:
You need to play with a street level camera to see the sun. Cameras behind the car point too low.
jan.hondafn2

Post by jan.hondafn2 »

You need to play with a street level camera to see the sun. Cameras behind the car point too low.
In fact!! Jesus...why did they do that in this way? A street level camera is almost not ridable, because of the sliding techniques.
Thanks for your help Zeus. ;)
rkk

Post by rkk »

IceMan wrote:Finally, the main reason to use 1.50 is not so good either... on my old WinXP machine with SB Audigy ZS2 the game would detect EAX and show a banner on the race loading screens to say so. However on my new PC I tried using Creative ALchemy against the game folder, but if I do, I get a message from the game "LIBSYS Error: LS_ERROR: 19 Sound Error Set Format Primary Error!" and it won't even start, regardless of compatibility mode!
Hi, I patched the URP 1.5 version to be compatible with Creative ALchemy. It is the 1.5 Game Executable you can download from the nGlide compatibilty page. The only thing I've done is to patch it to ignore the "Sound Error Set Format Primary Error" and continue with the game (Instead of closing it). It's not the most elegant way to do it, but it works.

Here you can download the Executable (1.5):
Ultim@te Race Pro - Creative ALchemy Compatible.zip
(622.51 KiB) Downloaded 1090 times
Just replace it with the game executable, configure Creative ALchemy to put it's DLLs into the game folder and you're good to go.

Greetings.