640x400 -> 640x480

New ideas and suggestions.
Gamecollector
Posts: 940
Joined: Fri Jan 07, 2011 9:29 am

640x400 -> 640x480

Postby Gamecollector » Sat Jul 11, 2015 6:24 am

NGlide internal 640x400 -> 640x480 stretcher.
Reasons:
1) This resolution isn't supported by most current videocards.
2) Some 4:3/5:4 LCDs can't display 1280x800 (Samsung Syncmaster 943n as the example, it displays 1280x800 as 1280x768).
2) 1280x800 is displayed as 16:10 on many notebooks (the example is my Acer Aspire 5920g with Nvidia GF9500M GS).
Not so many games force use this resolution (F22: Total Air War in "TAW demo", Ignition etc) but IMHO this fix is needed.
Asus P4P800 SE/Pentium4 3.2E/2 Gb DDR400 (3-3-3-8),
Radeon HD3850 Agp (Sapphire), Catalyst 14.4 (XpProSp3).
2 Voodoo2 12 MB (SLI), Win2k drivers 1.02.00 (XpProSp3).

User avatar
Zeus
Site Admin
Posts: 1477
Joined: Sun Sep 21, 2008 2:51 pm
Contact:

Re: 640x400 -> 640x480

Postby Zeus » Thu Jul 30, 2015 5:31 pm

Gamecollector wrote:2) Some 4:3/5:4 LCDs can't display 1280x800 (Samsung Syncmaster 943n as the example, it displays 1280x800 as 1280x768).

If you make a screenshot it will be 1280x768? Can't you change this behavior in Radeon driver panel (scaler options)?

Gamecollector wrote:2) 1280x800 is displayed as 16:10 on many notebooks (the example is my Acer Aspire 5920g with Nvidia GF9500M GS).
Not so many games force use this resolution (F22: Total Air War in "TAW demo", Ignition etc) but IMHO this fix is needed.

This won't be a problem with nGlide 1.05. Selecting "Aspect ratio=Preserve" will correct that.

Gamecollector
Posts: 940
Joined: Fri Jan 07, 2011 9:29 am

Re: 640x400 -> 640x480

Postby Gamecollector » Thu Jul 30, 2015 6:14 pm

Zeus wrote:If you make a screenshot it will be 1280x768? Can't you change this behavior in Radeon driver panel (scaler options)?

No, the screenshot is 1280x800. The videocard works ok in this mode, the monitor don't.
There is no "scaler" option for HD2600, only "adjustment". But even with maximum vertical shrinking the taskbar is below the screen bottom.
And there is no vertical scaling in monitor controls.
I will attach the photo later.
1280x768 and 1280x800
Strange but if I use a real Voodoo2 - the same monitor displays 640x400 w/o any trouble...
Last edited by Gamecollector on Thu Jul 30, 2015 8:33 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Asus P4P800 SE/Pentium4 3.2E/2 Gb DDR400 (3-3-3-8),
Radeon HD3850 Agp (Sapphire), Catalyst 14.4 (XpProSp3).
2 Voodoo2 12 MB (SLI), Win2k drivers 1.02.00 (XpProSp3).

User avatar
Zeus
Site Admin
Posts: 1477
Joined: Sun Sep 21, 2008 2:51 pm
Contact:

Re: 640x400 -> 640x480

Postby Zeus » Thu Jul 30, 2015 7:38 pm

Yeah, this is very odd. I could understand if your monitor vertical res was 768, but 1024?

User avatar
Zeus
Site Admin
Posts: 1477
Joined: Sun Sep 21, 2008 2:51 pm
Contact:

Re: 640x400 -> 640x480

Postby Zeus » Mon Feb 01, 2016 5:52 am

Gamecollector wrote:NGlide internal 640x400 -> 640x480 stretcher.

Done. You convinced me. :)


Return to “Suggestions”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 0 guests