I'm trying to run nglide for Diablo 2 Lod on win 7...

General discussion about nGlide.
Hydralisk

I'm trying to run nglide for Diablo 2 Lod on win 7...

Postby Hydralisk » Fri Apr 10, 2015 11:49 pm

So i've been having this weird problem on diablo 2 lord of destruction, where i install it, and when i turn on the game, the screen is bright for a second, then turns dark. i was told this problem was because i have a graphics problem. I am running windows 7 on my computer. So i downloaded nglide and installed it, then went to my game.exe file, right clicked on it, clicked on properties, clicked on the 'Compatibility' tab, then clicked on, "disable desktop composition." I think this was what the instructions say to do. i then run the, "D2 vid test," and choose the nglide mode. i run diablo 2 lod again, and it seems like this did not solve the problem. is there a way to resolve this issue?

Zeus
Site Admin

Re: I'm trying to run nglide for Diablo 2 Lod on win 7...

Postby Zeus » Sat Apr 11, 2015 12:47 am

You did everything properly, the game should now work in Glide mode.

What's your graphics card?

Hydralisk

Postby Hydralisk » Sat Apr 11, 2015 1:05 am

Zeus wrote:You did everything properly, the game should now work in Glide mode.

What's your graphics card?

well, the game works, its just that the screen is darker than normal. i can see what is going on though.

i don't know how to tell if i even have a GPU. I don't think i have one. Here is the specs:

http://www.dell.com/us/business/p/optiplex-790/pd

Zeus
Site Admin

Postby Zeus » Sat Apr 11, 2015 1:57 pm

Hydralisk wrote:i can see what is going on though.

We need to be sure the game uses Glide renderer. If you see 3Dfx logo while launching the game, you're fine.

Hydralisk wrote:i don't know how to tell if i even have a GPU. I don't think i have one. Here is the specs:

You have it. Even two. OptiPlex 790 has Intel HD 2000 and Radeon HD 6450. Both are compatible with DX9, so that's not a problem.

I would check gamma settings in:
  • game options (press Esc while in the game and select Options->Video. Gamma/contrast sliders should be set in the middle)
  • nGlide configurator (Start menu->nGlide->nGlide Configurator. Gamma should be set to 1.0)
  • Intel/Radeon graphics driver panel (right click on a desktop and choose "Graphics properties" (for Intel) or "Catalyst(TM) Control Center" (for Radeon). Gamma also should be set to 1.0 here (Color settings))

Hydralisk

Postby Hydralisk » Sat Apr 11, 2015 8:09 pm

Right clicking on desktop then choosing graphic properies just gives me a Intel Graphics and Media control panel, where i choose application modes.

I doubt the gamma settings is the issue. Like I said, when I enter a game, it's bright for about 2 seconds, then it becomes darker.

Zeus
Site Admin

Postby Zeus » Sat Apr 11, 2015 9:54 pm

Sorry for messing up your post above. I accidentally clicked Edit post instead of Quote button.

Hydralisk wrote:Right clicking on desktop then choosing graphic properies just gives me a Intel Graphics and Media control panel, where i choose application modes.

gamma.jpg
gamma.jpg (95.24 KiB) Viewed 3110 times

Hydralisk wrote:I doubt the gamma settings is the issue. Like I said, when I enter a game, it's bright for about 2 seconds, then it becomes darker.

Maybe, but better check Intel panel yet.

You still didn't answer me if you see 3Dfx logo after launching the game.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=f5U_FnQFBH8

Another suggestion is to check different Intel graphics driver versions.

P.S. Is your game version 1.13?
P.P.S. Do you have a software called f.lux (or an equivalent software for reducing eye strain) installed?

Return to “General”