Formula 1 - two bugs

Report bugs, errors, problems, etc.
IceMan

Formula 1 - two bugs

Post by IceMan »

1. The Racing Line is broken and missing. Run Quick Race at Adelaide and there's no dark stripe in the corners where tyre tracks went, plus some tiles on the road are lighter and darker in a strange way running to the first corner. With dgVoodoo the racing line is present. Possibly related to the missing shadows bug in V-Rally?

2. If you go into the options, load/save and move up to the save menu, all the copy/menus break throughout the game. From memory, changing to joystick mid race used to do the same. I think it's a game bug but not sure what's happening! You have to use Alt+Tab to get out!
My PC spec: Win10 64bit, i7-4970K (not overclocked) MSI Nvidia GeForce GTX 980, Creative Soundblaster ZX, 16GB RAM, Asus Z98-A motherboard, ROG Swift GSYNC monitor
IceMan

Re: Formula 1 - two bugs

Post by IceMan »

p.s. I have a different exe which has corrupt tyre tracks when the car wheelspins, but the opening video plays correctly! I also have a patch that claims to improve joystick compatibility, though not tried the game with a joystick.

Basically all the various patches allow the game to work, but the native install version doesn't, crashes with the video.

Oh yes, and the installer is a 16bit one, so I had to install in a virtual machine and copy the install folder across!
My PC spec: Win10 64bit, i7-4970K (not overclocked) MSI Nvidia GeForce GTX 980, Creative Soundblaster ZX, 16GB RAM, Asus Z98-A motherboard, ROG Swift GSYNC monitor
Gamecollector

Post by Gamecollector »

As I can see from my .sdb database - the original version works with the ForceSimpleWindow ACT fix. I don't need to replace the game .exe. After I have found this fix - I don't use Zeus' patched .exe...
I still don't have Windows 7 PC. Maybe later. So - can't test this solution with it. And Windows 8 sucks completely so I will never install it...
ASUS P4P800 SE, Pentium4 3.2E/2 GiB DDR400 (3-3-3-8), Sapphire Radeon HD3850 AGP, 2 Voodoo2 12 MB (SLI), Audigy 2 ZS.
Windows XP SP3 Pro Rus (w/o the POSReady hack), Catalyst 14.4, Voodoo2 W2k 1.02.00 drivers.
Zeus
Site Admin

Post by Zeus »

IceMan wrote:1. The Racing Line is broken and missing.
Fixed.
IceMan wrote:2. If you go into the options, load/save and move up to the save menu, all the copy/menus break throughout the game.
I don't have this problem with exe from nGlide's compatibility list. Can you send me yours?
IceMan

Post by IceMan »

It happens with your one too. But it seems to be a wider bug, as it affected the original game on my previous PC. I can have another look at some point soon, see if the D3D version does the same, or not (if it even works!).