Question about removing HUD elements in I-76

General discussion about nGlide.
Camerad

Question about removing HUD elements in I-76

Post by Camerad »

My graphics card is NVIDIA 8800 GTS. I would like to play Interstate 76 without the target box and enemy damage meter displayed, but there are no settings in the game for disabling that part of the HUD. Are there any settings I might be able to try changing in my graphics card Control Panel that would prevent the target box or enemy damage meter from being drawn when using nGlide to play Interstate 76?
Zeus
Site Admin

Re: Question about removing HUD elements in I-76

Post by Zeus »

You can press Y...
Camerad

Re: You can press Y.

Post by Camerad »

Zeus wrote:You can press Y.
Thank you for making a reply. I appreciate it. But as you probably know, that merely switches off the targeting system.

I am talking about being able to use the targeting system and see the padlock views without having to see the target box or enemy damage meter. It was my hope to see the game that way because it looks more realistic. I think the target box and enemy damage meter ruin the picture.

I saw a screenshot someone posted to a feedback topic, in which the enemy damage meter (health bar, whatever) was not showing up in the picture, after which you replied to inform the person this had been fixed in the next version of nGlide. It made me think that perhaps there is a way for me to prevent these HUD elements from being drawn.

Thank you again for the reply you posted.
Zeus
Site Admin

Re: Question about removing HUD elements in I-76

Post by Zeus »

The health bar wasn't invisible in a screenshot. It was just distorted.

I'm completely aware my suggestion doesn't completely suit your needs, but this is the only thing you can do. It's not possible to take a game and discard a part of a 3d scene you don't want to be rendered with just few simple clicks.

Reverse engineering is the only way. Which means a lot of work and depending on your skill level it could take several days or weeks.