A new beta version: http://veg.by/files/nfs3/nfs3_modern_patch_beta.7z
- No more non-rotating wheels in the rear view mirror and in the split screen mode (when Car Detail is High).
- Rear View Mirror can display clouds, lightnings, and light from the headlights of cars and from the flashers of cops.
- Rear View Mirror can use better 3D models of the track, so the problem with the holes in the objects (displayed in the mirror) is solved now.
- “Rear View Mirror” detail setting. Low is equivalent to the original; Medium is for better track 3D model and view distance; High is for the best track 3D model, clouds, lightnings, and light from the car headlights and cop flashers rendering.
- Proper proportions of the objects in the rear view mirror.
- Fixed direction of the camera of the rear view mirror. The horizon is on the middle of the mirror now (for a better view).
- Fixed a small horizon glitch at the edge of a screen when the wide view angle is enabled.
- An ability to enable or disable the fog effect directly from the graphics settings menu.
- An ability to set volume of menu sounds separately from the volume of the ingame special effects.
- Smooth edges of the cop/player points on the map.
- Gear numbers are right-aligned now, like the digital speedometer.
- Gear numbers use smaller font if there is not enough space for them.
- An ability to enter digits from the Num Pad when Num Lock is on.
- Commas are treated as dots when parsing an IP address.
- HUD preview in the settings now arranged well.
- Volume and Alpha sliders display own value (in percents).
- Logos from the LOGO2.QFS (if it exists) are used for animation in the menu (together with logos from the LOGO.QFS). Original version of the game have this file, but it is unused.
- Animated logos of automobile manufacturers are disappearing more smoothly.
- Fixed rendering piority errors for the top dropdown lists in the the “Location” and “Opponents” menus.
- “Car Showcase” subtitle and “Compare All Cars” subtitle are displayed using the same font as the “Race Results” subtitle.
- Other insignificant improvements.
- Gameplay loading animation takes into account time of preliminary synchronization of a network game.
- IntroSplashTime ini setting, which allows you to set duration of the intro splash image.
- Fixed a problem with discolored light from the taillights in the menu when DX6 renderer is used and fog support is enabled.
- Fixed a bug which cause a crash when using the screenshoter feature on Windows XP.
- Updated version of nGlide with fixes according to the NFS3 is included.