The current beta build
- Options button is placed near Exit button on the first menu screen (Game Setup).
- “Connect Players”, “Connect IPX” and “View Car Interior” menu screens also have standard set of buttons (Exit and Options).
- This set of buttons don't disappear in the Options when they are opened directy from the race results screen.
- This set of buttons is smart: when user opens Options from the first screen without choosing game mode, the Race button are hidden.
- Drop down list of cars displays the class of the current car not only for the 1st player, but also for the 2nd player.
- Increased quantity of visible elements in some long drop down lists (resolution list, car lists).
- Fixed unaligned paddings of the all drop down lists.
- “Reset To Defaults” button in the Controllers menu was shifted one position down.
- “Predefined Keys” and “View Car Interior” are aligned vertically.
- NoMovie ini setting also disables demo movies on menu idle.
- Demo movies aren't starting when the game is minimized in the menu mode (useful for the nGlide driver).
- If demo video files are removed, the game doesn't try to play them.
- Refactoring of the Voodoo thrash driver. 32bpp support for 3dfx Voodoo 5 was added.
- Added 16bpp resolutions and sorting of the resolutions list in the DX6 thrash driver.
- Refactoring of the thrash driver initialization code.
- No more hardcoded environment variables for the 3dfx Voodoo.
- Instead of this the game sets environment variables from the [ENV] section of the current thrash.ini file.
- The nGlide uses general voodoo2a.dll now, its settings can be changed using the [ENV] section of the thrash.ini.
- Added separate Glide3x thrash driver for using on the real 3dfx Voodoo hardware.
- The DX5 driver was removed because the DX6 fully replaces it. To disable fog support in the DX6, as it was in the DX5, just set FogSupport=0 in the drivers/dx6/thrash.ini.
- VideoDriver ini setting was renamed to ThrashDriver (original name). Filenames of all thrash drivers also were renamed using original format.
- Uses Print Screen key instead of inconvenient combination Alt+P.
- Saves screenshots to the screenshots subdirectory instead of the Desktop directory.
- Does one screenshot per second when Print Screen is held for long time instead of hundreds of screnshots without delays.
- Remembers last screenshot number. If you would like to reset this counter, just delete screenshots directory (it will be created automatically).
- Makes shutter sound while screenshoting.
- Ability of making screenshots of the gameplay loading screen.
- Screenshoting doesn't stop intro movie.
- It is possible to show rear view mirror when viewing replays (using F7).
- Autimatic creation of empty directories for saving game data.
- Working directory is set automatically to the directory of the exe file.