Recoil pc game support?

General discussion about nGlide.
Avoozl

Recoil pc game support?

Post by Avoozl »

Has there been any support implemented for the old 3DFX tank game Recoil?
Gamecollector

Re: Recoil pc game support?

Post by Gamecollector »

Long ago.
I have and test the "Classic's CD-ROM" version of Recoil with any new nGlide version. But AFAIK the original version will work ok too.
You need EmulateSlowCPU ACT fix for main .exes (recoil3dfx.exe and recoil.exe).
Last edited by Gamecollector on Thu May 29, 2014 1:26 pm, edited 1 time in total.
ASUS P4P800 SE, Pentium4 3.2E/2 GiB DDR400 (3-3-3-8), Sapphire Radeon HD3850 AGP, 2 Voodoo2 12 MB (SLI), Audigy 2 ZS.
Windows XP SP3 Pro Rus (w/o the POSReady hack), Catalyst 14.4, Voodoo2 W2k 1.02.00 drivers.
Zeus
Site Admin

Post by Zeus »

Avoozl

Post by Avoozl »

Thank you but how do I set EmulateSlowCPU fix?

I have the original CD version which came free with my old Compaq PC tower back in 2000 but even applying the 95 or 98 mode the program fails to even run after the time cursor animation, I happen to be using Windows 7 by the way.
Zeus
Site Admin

Post by Zeus »

Tested the game today on Win7 x64 and it works without a hitch. Is your graphics card Direct3D 9 compatible?
Avoozl

Post by Avoozl »

Ah managed to get it to open, however it freezes then crashes after pressing any of the buttons on the main menu unfortunately. Yes my card is DX9 capable.
Avoozl

Post by Avoozl »

So is there nothing I can do about this?
Zeus
Site Admin

Post by Zeus »

Post your Rec3dfx.exe filesize and CRC32. Also tell me what did you do to get it to open?
Avoozl

Post by Avoozl »

Well surprisingly it now works, I'm not sure what I did anymore but I found I don't even need to put it into compatibility mode, only problem now is random black screen blinking but it's only a minor issue I guess, thanks for the help so far though oh and I can only run it via Recoil.exe but not the Recoil3Dfx.exe.
InsK

Post by InsK »

I can play this game (Recoil PC) on windows 8.1 for single player, but I can't play it for multi player. Although, just for testing it without opponent, I cant't play it. It stucked when it started to load. Do you know how to solve this problem. Thank you.