Download link saves as a .htm file in Opera

General discussion about nGlide.
Spinvis

Download link saves as a .htm file in Opera

Postby Spinvis » Fri Mar 19, 2010 11:14 am

Hi,

First of all thanks for the hard work and great glide version, works great with MDK. Also testing it on Dosbox, seems to work, but some bugs are left.

Anyway, I am using the latest Opera build, and whenever i click on the download link it wants to download it as a .htm file instead of a .exe, of course i can manually change the name and it will work, but something is not going correctly here. This happens on all the downloads from this site. I'm not sure if it's a site problem, or a Opera problem but i wanted to try here first before reporting a bug to Opera.

Anyway, another thing i am curious about, when is the new version coming out (i want to play Tomb Raider 1 on Dosbox with nGlide without the shadow bug)? And do you need any beta testers?

Regards and greets from South Africa.

PS. Carmageddon 1 Max Pack and Splat Pack doesn't seem to work for me on Dosbox (latest gulikoza's Dosbox CVS build) with nGlide, can't give you the exact error/problem description now, since i am at work.

PPS. Can you configre nGide to work with Blood like Glidos does? Quote from Glidos: "With a voodoo card textures are smoothed only in one direction, whereas Glidos gives true bilinear interpolation."

PPPS. I'm still gonna test some other games like GTA 1 on Dosbox, and Ignition (I see the status is playble, can't wait to try it). Will let you know if i run into any more bugs.

Zeus
Site Admin

Re: Download link saves as a .htm file in Opera

Postby Zeus » Sat Mar 20, 2010 12:27 pm

whenever i click on the download link it wants to download it as a .htm file instead of a .exe

This is an Opera bug. It treats all files as .htm if Content-Type is marked as application/octet-stream (very strange, this type is used for exe files in documentation). I solved it anyway.

when is the new version coming out

Release date has not yet been determined.

Carmageddon 1 Max Pack and Splat Pack doesn't seem to work

Yes, it's not working yet.

Glidos gives true bilinear interpolation

nGlide also uses bilinear interpolation.

CosmicDan

Postby CosmicDan » Sat Mar 20, 2010 9:58 pm

Zeus wrote:

Yes, it does work :D just make sure you use the LATEST glide2x.ovl file from glide2x.zip in the thread http://www.vogons.org/viewtopic.php?f=32&t=16462 - you can drop that in and over-write the older one from gulikoza's already-built DOSBox binary on his page (no need to build DOSBox from source).

Also mentioned this in the "nGlide and DOSBox" thread ;)
Regards, Dan a.k.a "Jonus Conrad"
jonus.me/ || twitter.com/jonusc || facebook.com/jonusc

Spinvis

Postby Spinvis » Mon Mar 22, 2010 9:00 am

CosmicDan wrote:
Zeus wrote:

Yes, it does work :D just make sure you use the LATEST glide2x.ovl file from glide2x.zip in the thread http://www.vogons.org/viewtopic.php?f=32&t=16462 - you can drop that in and over-write the older one from gulikoza's already-built DOSBox binary on his page (no need to build DOSBox from source).

Also mentioned this in the "nGlide and DOSBox" thread ;)

Thanks for the tip, gonna try it later today!

CosmicDan

Postby CosmicDan » Mon Mar 22, 2010 9:03 am

Sorry mate, I made a silly error! Carmageddon does not work yet, just like all the other Glide wrappers for DOS(Box) :(

But in that thread I have an updated DOSBox version I built for Glide, because gulikoza's built was outdated, and also buggy for me. It has no Direct3D and Cuesheet+OGG support yet but will soon. Plus it's based on the 0.74 code, which is VERY fast ;) I'd be glad if you could test it out for me as I am still working on the source and only done some small testing.
Regards, Dan a.k.a "Jonus Conrad"
jonus.me/ || twitter.com/jonusc || facebook.com/jonusc

Spinvis

Postby Spinvis » Mon Mar 22, 2010 2:21 pm

Sure, give me a link and i will play around with it. I do not use Direct3D or the OGG cuesheet music support so that is fine for me.

Spinvis

Postby Spinvis » Tue Mar 23, 2010 8:47 am

CosmicDan wrote:http://azuze.net/dosbox/dosbox-2010-03-22-custom-glide.zip

Thanks man, will give it a spin tonight after work. Cheers.

Spinvis

Postby Spinvis » Mon Apr 12, 2010 9:32 am

The Dosbox version is working great, thanks CosmicDan.

Anyway, i tried Ignition and i can confirm the slowness/jerkiness bug reported in another thread (viewtopic.php?f=9&t=9). There seem to be no problem with Ignition when i use zeckensack's Glide wrapper. Maybe it handles certain graphic elements like mipmapping differently compared to nGlide which in turn makes it run faster? Configuring my nVidia driver graphic options does have a certain impact on Ignition when playing with nGlide, like mipmapping, triliniar or biliniar settings, texture filtering, antiailising, etc... but they do not with zeckensack's Glide wrapper. The rest as far as i could test, MDK, works perfectly so far.

Return to “General”