Dreams to reality

General discussion about nGlide.
teDicen

Dreams to reality

Postby teDicen » Sat May 14, 2011 4:18 pm

Hi, I have wanted to play this game (Dreams to Reality) for a long time. And I read these posts about it ( http://www.zeus-software.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=10&t=15&start=30 http://www.zeus-software.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=10&t=15 )but I´m totally new to DOSbox and nglide. I don´t know what versions to use, hot wo install them or even to use them. Could you please help me???

Thankss in advaancee

Zeus
Site Admin

Re: Dreams to reality

Postby Zeus » Sat May 14, 2011 11:35 pm

1) Download and extract this DOSBox build

2) Delete glide2x.dll from DOSBox folder

3) Download and install nGlide

4) Edit dosbox.conf (set memsize=63 and fullscreen=true and add this to [autoexec] section):
mount c c:\mygames
mount d f:\ -t cdrom -noioctl
If you don't know what these two lines mean, here's official DOSBox tutorial.

5) Launch dosbox.exe. Install (INSTALL.BAT) and play installed game (DREAMSFX.exe located in C:\CRYO\DREAMS\) under DOSBox. You can configure your soundcard with SETSOUND.EXE, located in C:\CRYO\DREAMS\DATA\SOUND\.

teDicen

Postby teDicen » Wed May 25, 2011 3:42 pm

Thankss Zeus, great instructions. I installed and it works fine until I dive into a pool or some water. Perhaps I should try changing the configuration, but I don´t know what optinos should I touch.

Zeus
Site Admin

Postby Zeus » Wed May 25, 2011 6:38 pm

it works fine until I dive into a pool or some water

..and what happened? I tested star pool on hamam island (first pool in the game) and it worked fine, without changing anything. If you have other pool examples post your savegames and describe what's exactly wrong.

teDicen

Postby teDicen » Thu May 26, 2011 12:40 am

Sorry I didn´t explain much, well when I enter the first pool (the noe at Hamam) it kind of freezes but I can still rotate the view and I only get to see one part of the pool (I attached a screenshot). And then right after the columns, the screen just goes blank. I attached the savegames and a screenshot. Thanksss Zeuss
Attachments
GAME.rar
(23.09 KiB) Downloaded 402 times

Zeus
Site Admin

Postby Zeus » Thu May 26, 2011 10:58 am

...a windowed mode - you're not using nGlide. Delete glide2x.dll from dosbox folder, because you're now using default ykhwong's DOSBox glide wrapper.

ps. added point 2 to instructions.

Return to “General”