Config file?

General discussion about nGlide.
Muyfa666

Config file?

Postby Muyfa666 » Tue Mar 22, 2011 10:26 pm

Hi there. New user here. Been trying out Tomb Raider with nGlide and it's working very good so far. Great wrapper.

2 questions:

-Is nGlide based on any other "famous" wrapper out there, or is it completely new?

-I'm trying to use nGlide as a portable wrapper by only placing the glide2x.dll in my individual game folders. Are there any config ini created by the wrapper, or does it need the config tool for the settings?

Keep up the good work! So far TR1 and Carmageddon rocks this house once more... :-D

Gazeus

Re: Config file?

Postby Gazeus » Wed Mar 23, 2011 1:46 pm

Hello and welcome to the forums! Glad to hear you're having a great time with the glide wrapper, from the fairly limited testing I've done it does seem really good.

I can't answer your first question but I can the second one:

I, too, wanted to use nGlide as a 'portable' wrapper and wanted people in my neck of the woods (old heli sims) to be able to test and use the wrapper without going through an 'install process'. I checked and you only need the 'glide2x.dll' (in your case) and the 'nglide_config.exe' in the same folder to run it. Both files can be found in the 'C:\Windows\System32' directory (after initial install). Any changes made via the EXE file will (as far as I'm aware) get changed directly in the DLL file in the same folder. There are no separate config files as far as I can see.

Muyfa666

Postby Muyfa666 » Wed Mar 23, 2011 6:04 pm

I actually tried your solution before I read it, and I have to agree. Seem to work very good even as a portable apps. Tnx alot thou.

Zeus
Site Admin

Postby Zeus » Thu Apr 14, 2011 11:16 pm

Is nGlide based on any other "famous" wrapper out there, or is it completely new?

It's completely new.

Are there any config ini created by the wrapper

No. nGlide settings are stored in windows registry. Configuration is global for all games (location of the configurator doesn't matter).

Return to “General”