Jane's F/A-18 3DFX

General discussion about nGlide.
agathosdaimon

Jane's F/A-18 3DFX

Post by agathosdaimon »

Hi Zeus

have you any experience with Janes Fa-18? the game has the capability for 3dfx however there is no option in the game or install to select 3dfx nor does the game switch to 3dfx when one goes to "fly" instead the game will CTD

- so far the most progress i have had is playing it in dxwnd, in a small window, still unstable and also the view panning seems stuck on trying to move in a vertical upward direction- i dont know how to stop this
Gamecollector

Re: Jane's F/A-18 3DFX

Post by Gamecollector »

There is an easy way to detect "the game for Windows uses the glide API". "GrGlideInit" etc in the game files.
Not have this game, can't test.
ASUS P4P800 SE, Pentium4 3.2E/2 GiB DDR400 (3-3-3-8), Sapphire Radeon HD3850 AGP, 2 Voodoo2 12 MB (SLI), Audigy 2 ZS.
Windows XP SP3 Pro Rus (w/o the POSReady hack), Catalyst 14.4, Voodoo2 W2k 1.02.00 drivers.
agathosdaimon

Re: Jane's F/A-18 3DFX

Post by agathosdaimon »

okay - i dont see that file in the game folder if thats what you mean or is grglideinit something that i can use? what do you need me to do ? the game advertises 3dfx on its box -and 3dfx is written about in its readme:

"
Chipset Support**
3Dfx Voodoo1
3Dfx Voodoo2
3Dfx Voodoo3
3Dfx Rush
3Dfx Banshee
ATI 3D Rage 128
nVidia Riva TNT
nVidia TNT2
nVidia TNT2 Ultra
Savage 4
Matrox 200

**Please check your video card manufacturer's website and make sure you have the most recent display drivers

Mouse Cursor 3DFX note:
On the 3DFX Voodoo1 and Voodoo2 card we are forced to draw a frame rate dependent cursor since there is no hardware cursor to use. Try lowering the graphics settings to boost your frame-rate and increase the responsiveness of the mouse cursor.

Display Driver Setup
F/A-18 will automatically try to detect the best 3D mode for your hardware. If you have more than one D3D compliant video cards in you system, you can manually select the card under Options->Graphics->Driver. Select the card that gives you the best performance.
Display Driver Support

F/A-18 requires a 3D capable card to run and supports Direct3D.

Important! Check Your Video Card Drivers. If you are having trouble running F/A-18, please make sure you have the most recent drivers available for your video card(s). Consult your video hardware documentation for information about where to find the latest drivers -- usually they can be downloaded from the manufacturer's website. Occasionally, video card manufacturers do not have a driver that works correctly under DirectX 7 in Direct3D mode. Installing DirectX 7 may fix the problem by updating the driver. "