A very wierd question about resolutions

General discussion about nGlide.
Zeus
Site Admin

Re: A very wierd question about resolutions

Post by Zeus »

paraemuladores wrote:The thing is I can't save the game because I can't even start it.
Create couple saves with original 1.06 gamex86.dll and try to load them with modified gamex86.dll from heretic2_106_glide_ws.zip. I want to know if at least one of them loads properly.
paraemuladores wrote:But I believe if you download the patch, you could probably check what's changed and how, and it would help you big time, right?
I'll take a look...
paraemuladores wrote: The second file may be a list of all events made by the Windows Event viewer, by selecting [Action]->[Save Event as], I can't remember correctly.
Yeah, most likely they asked you to save an entire list of events from "Application" category to .evtx file.
paraemuladores

Post by paraemuladores »

Create couple saves with original 1.06 gamex86.dll and try to load them with modified gamex86.dll from heretic2_106_glide_ws.zip. I want to know if at least one of them loads properly.
First test: I did a clean installation, installed the game, installed patch 1.06, but it didn't even start the game. So,

-I uninstalled and reinstalled the game, installed the patch 1.06, replaced the files of your latest update, without gamex86.dll.
-Started the game, changed resolution to 1920x1080, made four saves.
-Exited the game.
-Restarted the game, reload, and with all four saves, it loads perfectly, but once the game starts after the load, after a few seconds of playing, the game freezes and hangs.

Second test: I just remembered that in order to start Heretic II with the 1.06 patch, It's needed to start the tutorial first, and then a new game. I did so, and performed the exact same tests I said above, but this time I didn't change the resolution, I just left it in 640x480. The results were the same, all saves load correctly, but once the game started, after a few seconds it froze and hanged. The first time, though, the sounds, instead of stopping, they kind of got stuck in a loop, where they repeated themselves, until I killed the process of the game in the task manager.

Are these the test you need?
The second file may be a list of all events made by the Windows Event viewer, by selecting [Action]->[Save Event as], I can't remember correctly.
Yeah, most likely they asked you to save an entire list of events from "Application" category to .evtx file.
I just had a problem with Diablo III, so I did another ticket, and then found out which file was: It was a file generated by the MSInfo tool. Would this help you?
Zeus
Site Admin

Post by Zeus »

paraemuladores wrote: Are these the test you need?
If you replaced gamex86.dll from .zip after exiting the game:
-I uninstalled and reinstalled the game, installed the patch 1.06, replaced the files of your latest update, without gamex86.dll.
-Started the game, changed resolution to 1920x1080, made four saves.
-Exited the game.
-Replaced gamex86.dll from heretic2_106_glide_ws.zip
-Restarted the game, reload, and with all four saves, it loads perfectly, but once the game starts after the load, after a few seconds of playing, the game freezes and hangs.
then yes. I assume you did since the game freezed after few seconds...
paraemuladores wrote:Would this help you?
Right now I don't need it, but I'll let you know if I do.
paraemuladores

Post by paraemuladores »

Yes, sorry, I forgot to write down the step you highlighted in red. That's exactly what I did, just the way you quoted, in both tests, using the latest zip you posted, which was the third, I believe.
paraemuladores

Post by paraemuladores »

You know, I seem to remember about a year ago, I had a problem with Diablo 3 or Starcraft II, I can't remember correctly which one, but I made a ticket asking for help, and in the ticket there were two files that gave a lot of information about the error. One was generated with dxdiag, and the other... which I believe it was the most helpful one... I can't remember how to do it, but it contained a massive amount of information. With those two files, they told me what was the problem and were, and I fixed it. Would this help you in any way? The second file may be a list of all events made by the Windows Event viewer, by selecting [Action]->[Save Event as], I can't remember correctly.
Hi there, Zeus, I just wanted to tell you that I had problems with Diablo III again, and had to submit a ticket to solve them, and the files that I submitted are a DxDiag report and a MSInfo32 report. So, if they help you in any way, just let me know.