Anti aliasing?

New ideas and suggestions.
Saberj2x

Anti aliasing?

Postby Saberj2x » Mon Nov 01, 2010 7:57 pm

Hello nGlide team
first of all, wonderful work from you guys
you are the first ones to make a glide wrapper work as good as my Voodoo2 used to work
my heart melts every time I see the 3dfx logo splash...

suggestion time!
I can't get AA to work with the wrapper, even if I force it in the control panel.
is this by design or just a bug nobody has noticed yet?

MSAA, that new-fangled MLAA post process filter or even old school SSAA would work fine, even IGPs are strong enough to emulate the Voodoo2 prowers.

btw, it's nice to see S3TC compression so it's not bound to what only the voodoo2 hardware actually did...
UnrealGold with the hires mod + glide = sexy colors on par to the new DX3D 10 renderer, simply amazing.

also...
just nit-picking so this is the best glide wrapper ever, detection for programs...
or even profiles.
why?
cause instead of leaving you the hard work to test nglide compatibility on your team
we can test, confirm and make a database thread.

cause Diablo2 when set to a higher res than what it supports it kills the bilinear filtering and looks like the software version basically, all blocky

Zeus
Site Admin

Re: Anti aliasing?

Postby Zeus » Tue Nov 02, 2010 1:16 am

first of all, wonderful work from you guys
you are the first ones to make a glide wrapper work as good as my Voodoo2 used to work
my heart melts every time I see the 3dfx logo splash...

Thank you. :D

I can't get AA to work with the wrapper, even if I force it in the control panel.
is this by design or just a bug nobody has noticed yet?

MSAA, that new-fangled MLAA post process filter or even old school SSAA would work fine, even IGPs are strong enough to emulate the Voodoo2 prowers.

cause Diablo2 when set to a higher res than what it supports it kills the bilinear filtering and looks like the software version basically, all blocky

I've already posted the answer in this topic: Does nglide really wrap into DX9???

btw, it's nice to see S3TC compression so it's not bound to what only the voodoo2 hardware actually did...
UnrealGold with the hires mod + glide = sexy colors on par to the new DX3D 10 renderer, simply amazing.

Unfortunately this is not possible. High res textures for UG are made only for Unreal's DirectX and OpenGl renderers. Support for Unreal's Glide renderer was abandoned years ago because Voodoo card couldn't handle it (128MB video ram is minimum for HighEnd pack).

just nit-picking so this is the best glide wrapper ever, detection for programs...
or even profiles.

why?
cause instead of leaving you the hard work to test nglide compatibility on your team
we can test, confirm and make a database thread.

This may be good for some testings but not for using. For most of the people 'hundreds of checkboxes' is just too much. Even for testings, advanced settings usage is pretty limited. Real problems require programmer intervention anyway.

Of course if you'll find something that's not working/have issues with glide wrapper, please don't hesitate to post it here. Someone will try to solve the issue.

Saberj2x

Postby Saberj2x » Wed Nov 03, 2010 8:44 pm

:D
okie dokie, was just nit picking.

just hate reverting for some games that display some errors, or more like, lack of filtering... I'll see if I can post you up the trouble makers later.

and the S3TC textures worked here, dunno man

Zeus
Site Admin

Postby Zeus » Thu Nov 04, 2010 1:17 pm

and the S3TC textures worked here, dunno man

What do you mean by that? I know S3TC textures are working with Unreal but only if you set OpenGl/DirectX renderer in settings. nGlide uses Unreal's Glide renderer.

WhiteMagicRaven

Postby WhiteMagicRaven » Thu Nov 18, 2010 12:38 pm

It would be great if anti aliasing can be added to nGlide.
And we no more see flickering pixels in far objects.

myloch

Postby myloch » Thu Mar 10, 2011 2:31 pm

just use nvidia control panel or catalyst control center and enable antialiasing and anisotropic filtering. working like a charm on my 2 pcs

WhiteMagicRaven

Postby WhiteMagicRaven » Thu Mar 10, 2011 3:45 pm

I Have ATI and it not work via control panel, but much better is use it in configurator
Did it really work for you when u use nGlide, Curious post screens =)

myloch

Postby myloch » Thu Mar 10, 2011 7:11 pm

I'll try to grab images asap. It's really not that much noticeable because I play at very high resolutions but AA is definitely there (I forced 8X AA and 16X AF from CCC). Dunno why it's not working for you, it's weird!

Kingping

Postby Kingping » Wed Jun 01, 2011 11:29 am

hi!
AA works perfectly with nglide 0.93 but later versions don't work.

Squall Leonhart

Postby Squall Leonhart » Wed Jun 01, 2011 11:58 pm

You could implement a Dx9 supersampling shader, which would replicate the voodoo 5's ability to supersample.

Return to “Suggestions”