Support for more Hasbro Interactive games?

New ideas and suggestions.
tfishell

Support for more Hasbro Interactive games?

Postby tfishell » Mon Nov 10, 2014 6:03 pm

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hasbro_Int ... shed_games

I noticed that Frogger 3D (presumably HI's 1997 title) is supported by nGlide and so is Centipede, but I was wondering about Frogger 2: Swampy's Revenge and Pac-Man Adventures in Time. These two I grew up with and really loved (though I probably wouldn't go back to Pac-Man without cheats), and http://www.amazon.co.uk/Frogger-2-Swamp ... B00004Z1EK notes under the system requirements, "3dfx card recommended"; likewise, http://www.gamershell.com/pc/pac_man_ad ... eview.html mentions, "The test pc was a PII450, 128sdram and had a Voodoo 2 8mb. And the game seems to love the 3dfx cards, which was nice."

Just passing along the suggestion. Priority-wise, even I think these should be low as, sadly, I think the rights might be too tricky for an easy release onto GOG, but it would be nice to have support.

Zeus
Site Admin

Re: Support for more Hasbro Interactive games?

Postby Zeus » Mon Nov 10, 2014 8:23 pm

I agree, it would be nice to have them supported. Unfortunately, that's not possible, both are DX7 exclusive.

tfishell

Postby tfishell » Wed Nov 12, 2014 3:02 pm

D'oh! So what should I be on the lookout for to know a game had a Glide version back in the day? I keep assuming 3Dfx = a game nGlide can use, and obviously that isn't the case. Is it generally not obvious in the system requirements? EDIT: Or do you believe the current compatibility list is close to as comprehensive as it gets?

Tarnum

Postby Tarnum » Wed Nov 12, 2014 3:13 pm

tfishell wrote:D'oh! So what should I be on the lookout for to know a game had a Glide version back in the day? I keep assuming 3Dfx = a game nGlide can use, and obviously that isn't the case. Is it generally not obvious in the system requirements? EDIT: Or do you believe the current compatibility list is close to as comprehensive as it gets?

I would recommend You to look into this topic. It contains the most comprehensive list of known games with glide support as of today. ;)

Zeus
Site Admin

Postby Zeus » Thu Nov 13, 2014 12:43 am

tfishell wrote:I keep assuming 3Dfx = a game nGlide can use, and obviously that isn't the case.

That's not always the case, but that's how you found SimCopter, remember?

If you start narrowing your search phrases to "Glide" games you may never find Glide titles labelled as "3Dfx". Gamecollector's and nGlide lists aren't complete. You can use them to confirm Glide API support, but when it comes to elimination they are no use.

Basically, every game labelled as "3Dfx", "Voodoo" or "Glide" is worth checking. If you can't do this for yourself (you don't have the game or knowledge how to do this), post the title here so maybe others can.

Gamecollector

Postby Gamecollector » Thu Nov 13, 2014 8:52 am

Hmm... Maybe it worthy to create something like this, but on the nGlide forum and more formatted? Game name, source of the info, when and how was checked, conclusion. NGlide debunked list.
The trouble is - it must be Wiki engine (can be edited by any user, changelog etc), not the forum.
The positive - no more "Will nGlide supports Resident Evil/Trespasser/etc?" questions.
Asus P4P800 SE/Pentium4 3.2E/2 Gb DDR400 (3-3-3-8),
Radeon HD3850 Agp (Sapphire), Catalyst 14.4 (XpProSp3).
2 Voodoo2 12 MB (SLI), Win2k drivers 1.02.00 (XpProSp3).

Stiletto

Postby Stiletto » Thu Nov 13, 2014 6:19 pm

That would be nice, that project is stalled due to my lack of free time.

Zeus
Site Admin

Postby Zeus » Thu Nov 13, 2014 8:43 pm

Gamecollector wrote:

I'm actually pleased that people ask. Sure, answering the same question about Resident Evil/Final Fantasy over and over could be frustrating, but that's how they help us finding new games. Plus, the number of repeated queries isn't that big, so it's not a problem for me.

The list of games with *confirmed lack of Glide API support* will also be incomplete, so nothing changes when it comes to unlisted games. Not to mention what would be faster, answering the question or creating Wiki pages about thousands of games (which incidentally most of the people won't read and ask here anyway)? ;)

But if you're determined (and have a lot of time) - do it!, although using VogonsWiki would probably be a better idea that creating another one here.

tfishell

Postby tfishell » Sat Nov 22, 2014 6:12 pm

Zeus wrote:
tfishell wrote:I keep assuming 3Dfx = a game nGlide can use, and obviously that isn't the case.

That's not always the case, but that's how you found SimCopter, remember?

If you start narrowing your search phrases to "Glide" games you may never find Glide titles labelled as "3Dfx". Gamecollector's and nGlide lists aren't complete. You can use them to confirm Glide API support, but when it comes to elimination they are no use.

Basically, every game labelled as "3Dfx", "Voodoo" or "Glide" is worth checking. If you can't do this for yourself (you don't have the game or knowledge how to do this), post the title here so maybe others can.

That's true, I discovered SimCopter by googling "SimCopter 3dfx". I appreciate your and others' willingness to answer if that would be acceptable here. (Course I'll try the search engine first.) I think that'd be the best way.

Return to “Suggestions”