Individual settings for games via ini files

New ideas and suggestions.
3dfxer

Individual settings for games via ini files

Postby 3dfxer » Thu Jun 16, 2011 8:11 pm

I understand that one goal of nGlide is to keep things simple, which more or less rules out a game based profile editor like the one the good old zeckensack wrapper used.

On the other hand I'd really love to have individual settings for some games (mainly resolution), so here's my idea: what about the option to manually place an ini file with custom settings in the same directory where the nGlide dll resides? If this ini file exists, nGlide uses it. Otherwise it uses the registry settings (like it does now).

This way one could place nGlide and an ini file into a games install directory to apply custom settings without changing anything for those who simply want to install nGlide.

Gamecollector

Re: Individual settings for games via ini files

Postby Gamecollector » Thu Jun 16, 2011 8:31 pm

Nglide uses in-game resolution by default, so if you want to change it - change it in the game itself.
For the widescreen monitor - it's native resolution is the best. So again - can't see the point. You have two lcds with different native res?
Imho, .ini is not needed.
Asus P4P800 SE/Pentium4 3.2E/2 Gb DDR400 (3-3-3-8),
Radeon HD3850 Agp (Sapphire), Catalyst 14.4 (XpProSp3).
2 Voodoo2 12 MB (SLI), Win2k drivers 1.02.00 (XpProSp3).

Zeus
Site Admin

Postby Zeus » Thu Jun 16, 2011 8:55 pm

Gamecollector wrote:

Exactly.

3dfxer

Postby 3dfxer » Fri Jun 17, 2011 12:29 am

@gamecollector: I will never understand people who are trying to tell others what makes sense and what not just because they can't see a point in something...

@zeus: I still think this would be really useful (at least for me). But nGlide is your baby, so this your decision. I will write a little caller app then that sets nGlides registry values before starting a game. This will most likely take much less time than trying to convince you. :)

Return to “Suggestions”