grand theft auto 2?

Post by infuscomus »

any plans to support this game?
Zeus
Site Admin

Re: grand theft auto 2?

Post by Zeus »

It's supported already.

If it's not working for you download gta2 9.6 update.
If you can't enable Glide mode in gta2 manager after update, use gta2.reg from nGlide compatibility list.
infuscomus

Post by infuscomus »

I checked the version it says 9.6

the patch on the compatability list didn't work it still only has direct3d to choose from
Zeus
Site Admin

Post by Zeus »

This patch does not add Glide mode to manager list but it simply activates Glide. Run gta2.reg before launching gta2.exe and after closing manager.exe and you'll see.
CosmicDan

Post by CosmicDan »

Sounds like you have a pirated version, or the official Freeware release which has Glide driver ripped out (and an updated DIrect3D driver for modern machines). I know it's illegal to download the original ISO (lame I know considering the re-release is freeware), but try with the very original GTA2 game if you can track down a copy. I'm not sure but maybe the actual installer has a 3DFX detection, there are other games that had that.
Regards, Dan a.k.a "Jonus Conrad"
jonus.me/ || twitter.com/jonusc || facebook.com/jonusc
Gamecollector

Post by Gamecollector »

GTA 2 is the another of the "nGlide is not being detected as Voodoo card" issue. With the EA as the biggest culprit.
Check for the files "3dfx.dll" and "DMAGlide.dll" in the game dir. If you don't have those files - your version is not glide compatible.
ASUS P4P800 SE, Pentium4 3.2E/2 GiB DDR400 (3-3-3-8), Sapphire Radeon HD3850 AGP, 2 Voodoo2 12 MB (SLI), Audigy 2 ZS.
Windows XP SP3 Pro Rus (w/o the POSReady hack), Catalyst 14.4, Voodoo2 W2k 1.02.00 drivers.
ravelli

Post by ravelli »

I've found those files! Thanks for the clarification, Gamecollector.