Integer-ratio upscaling with NO BLUR (e.g. FHD → 4K with logical pixel as 2×2 same-color physical pixels)

New ideas and suggestions.
Zeus
Site Admin

Re: Integer-ratio upscaling with NO BLUR (e.g. FHD → 4K with logical pixel as 2×2 same-color physical pixels)

Post by Zeus »

No idea. The are couple things that need to be fixed before I make a new release.
MT_

Re: Integer-ratio upscaling with NO BLUR (e.g. FHD → 4K with logical pixel as 2×2 same-color physical pixels)

Post by MT_ »

No problem. Take your time for polishing the release. Thanks.
MT_

Still interested in nonblurry upscaling

Post by MT_ »

Fwiw, we are still interested in the feature. :-)
MT_

Integer-ratio upscaling status after a year

Post by MT_ »

A year after requesting the feature, I wonder what those couple of things to fix are.

Are they related to integer-ratio upscaling or to integer-ratio uprendering? If the latter, wouldn’t it be possible to release the new nGlide version with integer-ratio upscaling (what we actually requested in the first place) for now, while postponing just integer-ratio uprendering if it is the reason of the delay? Thanks.
Zeus
Site Admin

Re: Integer-ratio upscaling status after a year

Post by Zeus »

MT_ wrote:A year after requesting the feature, I wonder what those couple of things to fix are.
Yeah... :(

What can I say? I feel bad I still couldn't make it, I initially planned to release 2.10 in April. Then in August. And December. The past year has been really busy for me. I didn't expect it will be THAT busy.

Those couple things were of course mostly bugs or glitches users submitted on this forum. Stuff unrelated to integer scaling/rendering.
MT_

Maybe release as is?

Post by MT_ »

Zeus wrote:Those couple things were of course mostly bugs or glitches users submitted on this forum. Stuff unrelated to integer scaling/rendering.
If the bugs are unrelated to the integer-scaling feature, and the currently available nGlide 2.0 contains those bugs anyway, maybe just release the new version as is? It would be much better than 2.0 anyway. Thanks.
MT_

Open source?

Post by MT_ »

Didn’t you consider opening source code of nGlide? Or is it already available somewhere?
MT_

Post by MT_ »

Great, thank you very much, Zeus.
I’m going to test it. =)
ochentay4

Post by ochentay4 »

Zeus wrote: Wed Jun 19, 2019 10:30 pm Phew! Finally. ;)
Yes!! You are a GOD!