Interstate 76 Windows 10 64bit

Report bugs, errors, problems, etc.
chalky

Interstate 76 Windows 10 64bit

Postby chalky » Tue Jul 12, 2016 4:27 pm

Hello,

I have just upgraded to windows 10 64 bit and looking for a glide that works with it and i76 and found Nglide. Now i had i76 working with glide (gog version uses DGvoodoo) and obviously that doesn't work anymore. So i downloaded the latest GOG version and in fact it installs Nglide in the installer.

Trouble is it isn't working. I see the 3DFX splash screen, but resolution and effect is missing in the game. Anybody have any suggestions of things to try? Thank you.

EDIT: Okay i think it is working, but it just isn't accepting the resolution im asking for. Desktop 1920x1080, set in Nglide: 1920x1080, but i am getting 640x480.

EDIT 2: No it isn't working. It crashes out when i use Nglide with the Failed to initialize hardware acceleration, but I have an Nvidia card.

Zeus
Site Admin

Re: Interstate 76 Windows 10 64bit

Postby Zeus » Wed Jul 13, 2016 1:35 am

I just checked the latest GOG installer and I don't see any changes. Glide2x included in the game is the GOG's one (no traces of nGlide) and the gamepage still mentions XP/Vista compatibility only.

So your only option is to ask them whether they are planning any compatibility update via the support form and in the meantime install Windows XP on a virtual machine or as a secondary OS (if your hardware still allows it).

chalky

Postby chalky » Wed Jul 13, 2016 2:02 am

Thanks for the reply. My installer came from a Facebook group who have been working together on it. They are called Interstate 76 Vigilantes. They have included Nglide in the installer.

At any rate, i cannot get Nglide to work without crashing i76 in windows 10. It will work in Software mode, but not with Glide. Any Glide program for that matter.

Zeus
Site Admin

Postby Zeus » Wed Jul 13, 2016 3:03 am

If the group didn't make the game Win10 compatible you will still need to install XP.

P.S. Had to remove the link for copyright reasons.

chalky

Postby chalky » Wed Jul 13, 2016 3:53 am

No problem. The game does work under win 10 with compatibility set to XP but some of those in the group apparently have Nglide working with it in Windows 10. From what i read Nglide is suppose to work under W10 64? Cause with it running alongside i76 it crashes everytime with Nglide. I can of course setup a XP OS on any one of my computers but really isn't worth it to me, was hoping to get it working on my main rig.

At any rate, thanks for your help.

EDIT: Just following up if anyone else has this problem. If you use DGvoodoo 2.52 and copy all the Ddraw files included in its zip file as well as the 3dfx.dlls it will run perfect in windows 10. Run the dgvoodoosetup.exe and make sure that the "config folder / Running Instance" location is pointing to your interstate '76 folder. Set your resolution in Glide and your good to go. Unfortunately the same won't work in Nitro Pack. However, Dgvoodoo 1.50 beta 2 does work for nitro, so use that and copy the same procedure as far as setting up dgvoodoo pointing to your Nitro directory. Not sure why but Nglide crashes using glide in i76 and windows 10.

Zeus
Site Admin

Postby Zeus » Thu Jul 14, 2016 11:04 pm

If you had to copy DDraw files to make it work, now you have the answer - DDraw was responsible for the crash.

That makes sense since I76 is one of these games that doesn't utilize Glide for everything (main menu uses DDraw while 3d simulation uses Glide).

Return to “Problems”