How to correct stretched aspect ratio in Tomb Raider

Report bugs, errors, problems, etc.
6Hypnone

Re: How to correct stretched aspect ratio in Tomb Raider

Post by 6Hypnone »

Ok, deleted said files, except in specified directories. Now it starts w/the Dosbox, then a startup screen, and then exits immediately.
Zeus
Site Admin

Post by Zeus »

Tarnum wrote:Perform a search among all your HDDs and remove all glide2x.dll, glide3x.dll and glide*.ovl files found except WINDOWS\system32 folder. I think you'll find a few hundred more. :lol:
No, no, no.. do not touch glide2x.ovl that resides next to dosbox.exe.
6Hypnone wrote:Ok, deleted said files, except in specified directories. Now it starts w/the Dosbox, then a startup screen, and then exits immediately.
Delete glide2x.dll, but leave glide2x.ovl as it is. If you removed .ovl already, restore it.
6Hypnone

Post by 6Hypnone »

Ok, I had saved those files just in case this happened. I restored them to the place they originally were. It's still quitting to the desktop.
Zeus
Site Admin

Post by Zeus »

Reinstall nGlide. Grab the installer from here.

If this won't help, reinstall your game completely. Then delete glide2x.dll from "common\Tomb Raider (I)" folder (only this one file and only from this folder).

Once the game is working with nGlide, follow the guide that restores the music.
6Hypnone

Post by 6Hypnone »

Ok. I'll let you know soon! Thank you!

Edit...Uninstalled nglide, reinstalled it. Setting the settings to Screen rez: by desktop and Aspect: preserve original has the aspect now correct.
Also in my AMD Vision Engine settings, the Image scaling settings are no longer greyed out.

I suppose now I will try following the guide again. If things go haywire, then the guide is the issue is my guess.

I will update asap.
6Hypnone

Post by 6Hypnone »

Did the entire guide and ended up w/the game exiting to the desktop so I just said fuck it, and leaving it as is, since the aspect is now proper.
However, I noticed her voice is high pitched a bit and faster.