Multiple Nglide problems

Report bugs, errors, problems, etc.
azuresky

Multiple Nglide problems

Postby azuresky » Wed May 04, 2016 12:12 pm

First is NFS2
Hi,
I start NFS2SEA.exe and I get the 3dfx logo, then it goes to a black screen and I have to press CTRL+ALT+DEL to exit.

Second: ignition
I double click the exe and it just sends me back to the desktop instantly.

Third: unreal tournament
I start the game. Yes I've changed the mode to 3dfx inside the game. But when i start a match it looks like software rendering graphics...

I don't know why I'm having these problems. I thought I was just meant to install nglide and it just works for the most part. I've tried all compatibility modes on the first 2 games to no avail.

Zeus
Site Admin

Re: Multiple Nglide problems

Postby Zeus » Wed May 04, 2016 2:22 pm

azuresky wrote:First is NFS2
Hi,
I start NFS2SEA.exe and I get the 3dfx logo, then it goes to a black screen and I have to press CTRL+ALT+DEL to exit.

Install patch for NFS2SE from nGlide compatibility list.

azuresky wrote:Second: ignition
I double click the exe and it just sends me back to the desktop instantly.

Launch the game with Ign_3dfx.exe, not with Ign_win.exe.

azuresky wrote:Third: unreal tournament
I start the game. Yes I've changed the mode to 3dfx inside the game. But when i start a match it looks like software rendering graphics...

What do you mean? Screenshot please?

azuresky wrote:I don't know why I'm having these problems. I thought I was just meant to install nglide and it just works for the most part. I've tried all compatibility modes on the first 2 games to no avail.

nGlide emulates graphics library, not the whole Windows. Some of the games require additional patches to make them run on modern systems.

azuresky

Postby azuresky » Thu May 05, 2016 12:31 am

Never mind the unreal tournament issue, I changed to fullscreen and now its fine...

I tried ign_3dfx.exe and its doing the same thing (open it and then it crashes to the desktop)
I tried the patch for NFS2. The first one didn't work, so i uninstalled it. Then I installed the video patch, and that didn't work either.

Zeus
Site Admin

Postby Zeus » Thu May 05, 2016 1:52 am

azuresky wrote:I tried ign_3dfx.exe and its doing the same thing (open it and then it crashes to the desktop)

Never had a problem like this before. Where did you get your game? Are you sure you're using original copy and not some kind of rip?

Here's the official 3dfx patch for the game:
http://www.lonebullet.com/file/patches/ ... patch/8726

azuresky wrote:Then I installed the video patch, and that didn't work either.

Do you see "Need For Speed 2 SE 3Dfx Videos Patch" entry in "Uninstall or change a program" panel? If you don't the patch isn't installed.

Return to “Problems”