Uprising: Join or Die h2net problem

Report bugs, errors, problems, etc.
nortyray

Uprising: Join or Die h2net problem

Post by nortyray »

Hello guys,

Found this form a long time ago. Been wanting to play this childhood game of mine that my dad and I use to play and I want to relive it. I keep getting game crash saying h2net has stopped working. Does anyone know how to fix this issue?

I run a Windows 8.1 and found this topic viewtopic.php?f=10&t=255&start=20 (page3), followed some steps. h2net keeps crashing as soon as game boots but on my laptop the game would run but after finishing a mission or two it would crash and the error would pop up.

Thanks guys, help appreciated.
Zeus
Site Admin

Re: Uprising: Join or Die h2net problem

Post by Zeus »

I don't think there's a solution to this problem, at least I'm not aware of one.
nortyray

Post by nortyray »

What causes it? Is there anything specific? I remember playing the game on my old Windows XP computer without any issue. This was 2005/06. Is it because of me running Windows 8.1?

A guy got it to work on Windows 8.1 here on the forum though.
Zeus
Site Admin

Post by Zeus »

All I know the game has some memory management issues on XP and later.
nortyray

Post by nortyray »

What would you recommend me do? Would dual OS work, say an XP SP1? I had no problems on my old XP computer but I suspect if I have an XP OS in my current pc the hardware would be "too" advanced for Uprising to run?

Must I get an XP laptop? xD
Zeus
Site Admin

Post by Zeus »

I would try installing XP SP3 as second OS first (just be aware that if you install it after newer system you will need to restore bootloader (article 1) (article2)).

If it won't install (or you won't find all the drivers you need) try VMware Player (free) with 3D acceleration enabled and XP SP3 as a guest OS.
nortyray

Post by nortyray »

Going to install XP as second OS tonight. Thanks Zeus.