Ultm@te Race Pro Buggy Sky. Blured textures. Any posibility to get this fixed? is nGlide still in active developement?

Report bugs, errors, problems, etc.
rkk

Ultm@te Race Pro Buggy Sky. Blured textures. Any posibility to get this fixed? is nGlide still in active developement?

Postby rkk » Sun May 10, 2015 12:10 pm

Hello, first of all I would like to ask if nGlide is still in active development or if there are any plans to iron out those graphical glitches some games have in comparison with a real Voodoo2. I would like to point out two glitches in Ultim@te Race Pro when nGlide (1.04) is enabled.

I've attached to the post a comparison picture I've taken.

Buggy Sky:
The first thing that is very visible and obvious is the sky not having the fog applied. I've seen that in the "Compatibility List" in the screenshot there you can see this glitch too (http://www.zeus-software.com/img/galler ... /urp_b.jpg)
Are there any technical limitations in DX9 so that this cannot be emulated correctly? Is there any possibility for this to get fixed some day in nGlide?

Downscaled Textures, Vector lines?:
I'm not very sure about this one. I noticed this when I did the comparison picture to show the Sky glitch.
Look at the map.. in nGlide it seems as if it would have been 2x downscaled. Changing between 640x480 and 800x600 resolutions doesn't change anything. This just happens to me in nGLide (All other glide wrappers I've tried didn't seem to have that issue). Weirdest thing of all is that this glitch doesn't seems to be present in the "Compatibility List" screenshot (http://www.zeus-software.com/img/galler ... /urp_b.jpg). All other textures from the GUI seem to be unaffected, just the map.

Any feedback on this would be highly appreciated.
Greetings, and thanks for the awesome work done on nGlide.
Attachments
Comparison.png
Comparison.png (928.39 KiB) Viewed 1792 times

Zeus
Site Admin

Re: Ultm@te Race Pro Buggy Sky. Blured textures. Any posibility to get this fixed? is nGlide still in active developemen

Postby Zeus » Mon May 11, 2015 7:02 pm

Thank you. Added to check-list.

rkk

Re: Ultm@te Race Pro Buggy Sky. Blured textures. Any posibility to get this fixed? is nGlide still in active developemen

Postby rkk » Mon Oct 12, 2015 4:52 pm

Hi, any news on this? Did you have time to look at the issue, Zeus?
Greetings.

Zeus
Site Admin

Postby Zeus » Tue Oct 13, 2015 1:55 pm

Yes, both problems will be fixed in the next release.

rkk

Postby rkk » Tue Oct 13, 2015 4:55 pm

Wow! That are awesome news! Thanks a lot Zeus!

Return to “Problems”