Newman Haas Racing - couple of glitches

Report bugs, errors, problems, etc.
IceMan

Newman Haas Racing - couple of glitches

Postby IceMan » Tue Feb 17, 2015 11:48 pm

I can run Newman Haas Racing with no compatibility mode necessary. In fact applying Win95 compatibility often crashes the game more than not adding it! However the game will sometimes crash the second time you load a race, whether using D3D or Glide, it seems to crash ntdll.dll on mine, but I have other games of the era that does that, randomly, and I haven't debugged that fully just yet...

Anyway the two glitches are:

1. The shadow under the car becomes flickery at close up camera angles (use Page Up/Page Down to change view).

2. In the in-car cockpit view, there's a fine dark line above the (bitmap I assume) cockpit image. I run nGlide at high resolution FYI, but this may happen at other resolutions.
My PC spec: Win8.1, i7-4970K (not overclocked) MSI Nvidia GeForce GTX 980, Creative Soundblaster ZX, 16GB RAM, Asus Z98-A motherboard, ROG Swift GSYNC monitor

Zeus
Site Admin

Re: Newman Haas Racing - couple of glitches

Postby Zeus » Wed Feb 18, 2015 7:58 pm

IceMan wrote:1. The shadow under the car becomes flickery at close up camera angles (use Page Up/Page Down to change view).

Fixed.

IceMan wrote:2. In the in-car cockpit view, there's a fine dark line above the (bitmap I assume) cockpit image. I run nGlide at high resolution FYI, but this may happen at other resolutions.

Scaling issue. Unfixable. The problem isn't present with native resolutions.

Return to “Problems”