How to avoid problems between nglide and GOG games

Report bugs, errors, problems, etc.
F.A.D.

How to avoid problems between nglide and GOG games

Postby F.A.D. » Wed Aug 06, 2014 12:52 pm

Hi,

first of all I am totally amazed how well NFS 3 is running on my PC and how good it looks in HD and AA etc. thanks to nglide! Kudos to the developers!

I also just have bought some games on gog.com that have their own wrapper included within the game (correct me if I'm wrong here).

The thing is they are not playable when nglide is installed because there are are two wrappers working simultaneously. When I deinstall nglide they work perfect. But installing and deinstalling nglide all the time does not seem a ideal solution for me ;-)

Are there any solutions for that problem?

Best regards,

David

NicoDE

Re: How to avoid problems between nglide and GOG games

Postby NicoDE » Wed Aug 06, 2014 2:34 pm

Creating a redirect file for the application (game.exe.local) might solve your problem. If the application has a manifest (local redirection is disabled by default) you might have a look at the ancient blog entry that documents DevOverrideEnable.

Zeus
Site Admin

Postby Zeus » Wed Aug 06, 2014 2:59 pm

The problem with black screen occurs only if you mix versions >=1.00 and <1.00. All you have to do to fix it (without uninstalling new version) is to launch nglide_config.exe from GOG game directory and adjust gamma setting. You can also force the game to use installed nGlide version by renaming glide.dll/glide2x.dll/glide3x.dll in game directory.

GOG knows about this problem and they will be updating old nGlide versions in their games. Not sure when, though.

Gamecollector

Postby Gamecollector » Wed Aug 06, 2014 3:36 pm

NicoDE wrote:Creating a redirect file for the application (game.exe.local) might solve your problem. If the application has a manifest (local redirection is disabled by default) you might have a look at the ancient blog entry that documents DevOverrideEnable.

Tnx, I don't knew this. Have tested this method with Jane's Combat Simulations F-15 (not works with nGlide if I just copy Zeus' glide2x.dll to the game directory) - it works! Ykhwong's DOSBox build works too.
Great.
Asus P4P800 SE/Pentium4 3.2E/2 Gb DDR400 (3-3-3-8),
Radeon HD3850 Agp (Sapphire), Catalyst 14.4 (XpProSp3).
2 Voodoo2 12 MB (SLI), Win2k drivers 1.02.00 (XpProSp3).

Return to “Problems”