Tomb Raider 1 with Dosbox

Report bugs, errors, problems, etc.
Spinvis

Tomb Raider 1 with Dosbox

Postby Spinvis » Sun Aug 01, 2010 4:39 pm

Ey Zeus,

Thanks for the new version. Just wanted to report 2 bugs. See the following screenshots to get a clear picture. On the left side of both screenshots you have nGlide, and on the right side OpenGlide. Using nGlide 0.93, with Gulikoza DOSBox CVS and CosmicDan DOSBox CVS, on Win XP SP3, with a Nvidia 7600 Go card.

1st screenshot: The pieces of the collapsed hang bridge are disapearing in the floor, while OpenGlide displays them correctly. Plus here you can also see the straight brown edges around the plants/trees.
nglide_l-openglide_r-2.JPG
nglide_l-openglide_r-2.JPG (102.08 KiB) Viewed 6358 times

2nd screenshot: You can clearly see that nGlide renders some objects with straight brown edges around it, while OpenGlide doesn't.
nglide_l-openglide_r-1.JPG
nglide_l-openglide_r-1.JPG (61.03 KiB) Viewed 6358 times

Anyway, keep up the good work. I really like the sharpness of this renderer, its much sharper then OpenGlide (see Lara's ponytail in game for example). Plus the new version is faster then 0.92 although not as fast as OpenGlide, or zeckensacksGlide. This is still noticable with the 3DFX Windows version of Ignition vs zeckensacksGlide.

Cheers,

Spin

Zeus
Site Admin

Re: Tomb Raider 1 with Dosbox

Postby Zeus » Sun Aug 01, 2010 7:32 pm

About Tomb Raider:
Thanks, I will check it out.

About Ignition:
Test this game with Fraps. If the game works 36fps while racing - it's okay. This game should work 36fps. if it's working faster on another wrapper, it's wrapper malfunction (one function is implemented incorrectly).

Zeus
Site Admin

Postby Zeus » Tue Aug 03, 2010 9:22 pm

OK, I've made some tests.

The pieces of the collapsed hang bridge are disapearing in the floor, while OpenGlide displays them correctly

Fixed a bit, but still is not ideal (cannot be). Now it looks like in OpenGlide. It will be added in 0.94.

nGlide renders some objects with straight brown edges around it

I was in the same places in third level and I don't have these brown borders. I don't know where it comes from (non default graphics driver settings?, bad driver/directx?).

myloch

Postby myloch » Mon Sep 27, 2010 3:12 pm

straight brown edges...smells like bad antialiasing. try to remove it from graphic card settings.

Spinvis

Postby Spinvis » Sun Oct 24, 2010 1:33 pm

Tried your suggestions, tried all different settings in my video card graphics settings, but nothing matters, the brown edges around certain stuff in Tomb Raider persists... It's weird this is the only game that i have this problem on, also with nGlide it's the only game that i do have this problem. Anyway, i guess i have to live with it until i get a new computer.

aub84

Postby aub84 » Mon Jan 17, 2011 12:01 am

Hi, same thing happened to me. To fix it just need to press the F3 key (on/off antialiasing) in the game. I think it's a problem with antialiasing 3dfx patch and modern hard.

Look:

and after pressing F3:

The only bad thing is colors. Can choose a value below 0.8 in the gamma correction?

Thanks

PD: Sorry for my english

Zeus
Site Admin

Postby Zeus » Mon Jan 17, 2011 8:14 pm

The only bad thing is colors

Too bright on 0.8? It's impossible. Check your NVIDIA/AMD control panel, especially Brightness & Gamma parameters.
Check your monitor OSD too.

aub84

Postby aub84 » Mon Jan 17, 2011 8:25 pm

Zeus wrote:
The only bad thing is colors

Too bright on 0.8? It's impossible. Check your NVIDIA/AMD control panel, especially Brightness & Gamma parameters.
Check your monitor OSD too.

I think not, if I under the gamma nvidia control panel no change in Tomb Raider. My brother also is the same.

I use DOSBox SVN 0.74 Compiled by Taewoong Yoo. Maybe this is the problem :?:

Zeus
Site Admin

Postby Zeus » Tue Jan 18, 2011 1:45 am

no change in Tomb Raider

Make sure you're not applying gamma only for 'Overlay' (older version of nvidia drivers) or for Video (new version). You have to change your Desktop color settings.

I use DOSBox SVN 0.74 Compiled by Taewoong Yoo. Maybe this is the problem

No, this is not the problem. I tested it. For me, changing gamma value in nvidia panel affects every app (this one too with no exception).

Return to “Problems”