How to uninstall

Report bugs, errors, problems, etc.
cabrown3

How to uninstall

Postby cabrown3 » Tue Apr 23, 2013 2:53 am

I installed nglide to play Outlaws and it did not work the way I had hoped. I went to uninstall the program and it is not listed in the windows uninstaller program list. I came on the forums to see how to do it and there is nothing here. It is not listed in my program files. I read in one of the forum entries about the nglide uninstaller. I cannot find that either. In another topic the configurator was mentioned. I can't find that on my computer either. The installer said it was correctly installed but where is it and how can I access it. Thanks if you can help.

Gamecollector

Re: How to uninstall

Postby Gamecollector » Tue Apr 23, 2013 8:51 am

1. nGlide IS listed in the "Add/Remove programs". At least for me...
2. To uninstall manually - delete glide.dll, glide2x.dll and glide3x.dll in the %windows%\system, %windows%\system32 and %windows%\sysWOW64. Others nGlide files are unimportant...
Or run the file search on all local hdds. "Glide*.dll" as the pattern. Then delete all search results.
Asus P4P800 SE/Pentium4 3.2E/2 Gb DDR400 (3-3-3-8),
Radeon HD3850 Agp (Sapphire), Catalyst 14.4 (XpProSp3).
2 Voodoo2 12 MB (SLI), Win2k drivers 1.02.00 (XpProSp3).

Zeus
Site Admin

Postby Zeus » Tue Apr 23, 2013 11:09 am

cabrown3 wrote:I installed nglide to play Outlaws and it did not work the way I had hoped.

What do you mean?

cabrown3 wrote:I went to uninstall the program and it is not listed in the windows uninstaller program list.

It is listed there. If you don't see it on the list, you did not installed it.

cabrown3 wrote:I came on the forums to see how to do it and there is nothing here. It is not listed in my program files. I read in one of the forum entries about the nglide uninstaller. I cannot find that either. In another topic the configurator was mentioned. I can't find that on my computer either. The installer said it was correctly installed but where is it and how can I access it. Thanks if you can help.

All nGlide shortcuts (Configurator/Readme/Uninstall) are located in Start Menu->All Programs->nGlide.

Aranialis

Postby Aranialis » Tue Aug 11, 2015 12:10 pm

I'm having a similar problem. I recently bought King's Quest 8 Mask of Eternity, and it came with nGlide_config, I've tried to play the game but it gets way too laggy and slow to play, so I decided to look for another glide wrapper. When I tried to find the nGlide uninstaller it was no where to be found, not listed in the windows program list either. So I was wondering how do I do to remove it.

Thanks in advance for any response.

Zeus
Site Admin

Postby Zeus » Wed Aug 12, 2015 11:12 pm

Be sure you downloaded latest version of game installer that comes with nGlide 1.04.

If it does check the framerate with Afterburner or Fraps. 13fps is the number you should to see (the game was designed this way).

GOG installers don't install nGlide globally into system, nGlide files are included in a pre-installed form, so if you want to try a different wrapper you need to replace glide2x.dll file in a game root directory.

Return to “Problems”