Need for Speed Porsche: Unleashed / 2000 texture problems.

Report bugs, errors, problems, etc.
ochentay4

Need for Speed Porsche: Unleashed / 2000 texture problems.

Post by ochentay4 »

Hi, thanks for nGlide, it works fantastic on 99% 3dfx games I tried.

I wanted to report a problem with Need for Speed Porsche: Unleashed / 2000. When selecting Quick Race, and selecting the 4th track, textures on the track dissappear and appear again.

Here is a pick.

Im using Win8x64/ATI6850/nGlide1.01/Corei7.

I tried also with patched 3.5 and 3.5 enhanced, same problem.
Porsche 2013-02-20 08-18-55-40.jpg
Porsche 2013-02-20 08-18-55-40.jpg (115.96 KiB) Viewed 20849 times
ochentay4

Re: Need for Speed Porsche: Unleashed / 2000 texture problem

Post by ochentay4 »

Also, sky is on high and looks terrible.
Zeus
Site Admin

Post by Zeus »

Hi Ochentay4,
ochentay4 wrote:Need for Speed Porsche: Unleashed / 2000 ... textures on the track dissappear and appear again.
This is not a nGlide bug. The same thing happens on original Voodoo hardware. Projected headlights are responsible for this. Set headlights=vertex, as it's the only working option for 3dfx cards.
ochentay4 wrote:Also, sky is on high and looks terrible.
The sky doesn't look any better in D3D mode. Check your advanced graphics settings (skyrendering=high).
IceMan

Post by IceMan »

Regarding texture quality (on door handles, badges, cockpit, wheels, etc), there's some updated files that prevent the game automatically selecting low quality textures on newer computers (>2.1GHz), see this thread: http://www.nfscars.net/forum/showthread ... t=graphics

I only updated the main game exe and gimme.dll and graphics dlls, didn't need much more, but there's other fixes on that site. Now the game looks nice again! Not tried it with nGlide though as D3D looks fine (that site's updated dlls force 32bit only)
My PC spec: Win10 64bit, i7-4970K (not overclocked) MSI Nvidia GeForce GTX 980, Creative Soundblaster ZX, 16GB RAM, Asus Z98-A motherboard, ROG Swift GSYNC monitor
ochentay4

Post by ochentay4 »

Zeus wrote:Hi Ochentay4,
ochentay4 wrote:Need for Speed Porsche: Unleashed / 2000 ... textures on the track dissappear and appear again.
This is not the nGlide bug. The same thing happens on original Voodoo hardware. Projected headlights are responsible for this. Set headlights=vertex, as it's the only working option for 3dfx cards.
The sky doesn't look any better in D3D mode. Check your advanced graphics settings (skyrendering=high).
Thanks, with vertex lightning the problem is gone.
Also, I checked and re-checked skyrendering=high, and still looks like crap, but checked online some videos on youtube, and it seems that it always looked like crap.
This game with antialiasing and anisotropic filtering looks really really good! Here is a pic, thanks!
Attachments
Porsche 2013-02-20 12-59-41-05.jpg
Porsche 2013-02-20 12-59-41-05.jpg (348.49 KiB) Viewed 20826 times
ochentay4

Post by ochentay4 »

IceMan wrote:Regarding texture quality (on door handles, badges, cockpit, wheels, etc), there's some updated files that prevent the game automatically selecting low quality textures on newer computers (>2.1GHz), see this thread: http://www.nfscars.net/forum/showthread ... t=graphics

I only updated the main game exe and gimme.dll and graphics dlls, didn't need much more, but there's other fixes on that site. Now the game looks nice again! Not tried it with nGlide though as D3D looks fine (that site's updated dlls force 32bit only)
Thanks, that patch solves many issues in original game! The game now runs better than ever! Sad that sky is hideous.
prempink

Post by prempink »

Zeus wrote:Hi Ochentay4,
This is not a nGlide bug. The same thing happens on original Voodoo hardware. Projected headlights are responsible for this. Set headlights=vertex, as it's the only working option for 3dfx cards.
How can switch back to use original GPU not n Glide in Need for Speed Porsche: Unleashed?
Zeus
Site Admin

Re: Need for Speed Porsche: Unleashed / 2000 texture problems.

Post by Zeus »

Launch the game as: porsche.exe driver=dx7, or use 3DSetup\3DSetup.exe.