gulikoza

Re: Nglide with ATi legacy cards.

Post by gulikoza »

riight...fixed that one as well ;)
Gamecollector

Post by Gamecollector »

The list was redesigned.
ASUS P4P800 SE, Pentium4 3.2E/2 GiB DDR400 (3-3-3-8), Sapphire Radeon HD3850 AGP, 2 Voodoo2 12 MB (SLI), Audigy 2 ZS.
Windows XP SP3 Pro Rus (w/o the POSReady hack), Catalyst 14.4, Voodoo2 W2k 1.02.00 drivers.
robertmo

Post by robertmo »

For this games there is a patch without integrated .ovl
Tomb Raider
X-CAR: Experimental Racing

For these games I haven't found a patch that doesn't use integrated .ovl. It is easy to check with ykhwong build as it starts dosbox's internal 3dfx emulation when you try to play these games with a wrapper.
Battle Arena: Toshinden
EuroFighter 2000
Starfighter 3000
UEFA Champions League (97)
Whiplash (Fatal Racing)
Gamecollector

Post by Gamecollector »

robertmo wrote:Tomb Raider
X-CAR: Experimental Racing
Battle Arena: Toshinden
Already were here.
EuroFighter 2000
There is no 3dfx patch for the DOS version of the Eurofighter 2000.
GFX+ update is for Super EF 2000 - DOS game but Win9x installer only.
Still can't figure the way to install GFX+ patch. "Place the patch to the TATCOM directory" - wtf?
So - this game still in the query.
Starfighter 3000
Added.
UEFA Champions League 97
Don't have the game.
ASUS P4P800 SE, Pentium4 3.2E/2 GiB DDR400 (3-3-3-8), Sapphire Radeon HD3850 AGP, 2 Voodoo2 12 MB (SLI), Audigy 2 ZS.
Windows XP SP3 Pro Rus (w/o the POSReady hack), Catalyst 14.4, Voodoo2 W2k 1.02.00 drivers.
3dfxer

Post by 3dfxer »

There is no 3dfx patch for the DOS version of the Eurofighter 2000.
GFX+ update is for Super EF 2000 - DOS game but Win9x installer only.
Still can't figure the way to install GFX+ patch. "Place the patch to the TATCOM directory" - wtf?
So - this game still in the query.
The GFX+ update is not for the Win95 Super EF2000. It's for DOS EF2000 + TACTCOM.

TACTCOM is an expansion to EF2000 which is needed to apply thr GFX+ patch. The TACTCOM directory mentioned above is simply the games main folder after installing TACTCOM. Installing the GFX+ patch can either be done in a DosBox-Windows95 or, quite simple, in your actual Windows.

If EF2000 after the GFX+ update refuses to start with errors like 'clump: no file...', you might have to delete (or rename) two files in your main EF2000 folder: CLUMP_3.TXT and CLUMP_SS.TXT. I don't remember what exactly the problem was here, but I even had this issue back then with a real Voodoo card. EF2000 apparently works just fine without these files.

There is no other 3Dfx patch than this one with its integrated OVL for EF2000. nGlide (or any Glide wrapper) definitely won't work, you have to use Dosbox with kekkos Voodoo patch.

EF2000 GFX+ has pretty severe issues with the current hardware version of kekkos Voodoo patch but runs fine with the older software implementation. My recommendation would be a YKhwong build from March 2011. Later builds for some reasons are slower when using software Voodoo. Pure software (no 3Dfx) is still the fastest, but, of course, doesn't look as good.
robertmo

Post by robertmo »

here is the latest DOSBox SVN for Windows and source with lastest glide patch applied
http://www.vogons.org/viewtopic.php?f=3 ... 80#p238929
robertmo

Post by robertmo »

Jetfighter III (patch) - !. ATi glitch #2.
2 (wrong texturing) are fixed with nGlide 0.97
Don't really know what you mean by ATi glitch #2. cause there is no screenshot for Dreams to Reality and the messed up jetfighter screen was caused by sdk test28 problem that was fixed in latest gulikoza's glide patch.

Anyway Dreams to Reality still have blinking text in text boxes during game which is probably guli's patch fault as it happens on real voodoo1 card too.
Gamecollector

Post by Gamecollector »

Finished testing Win- and DOSGlide list with the nGlide 0.97 and the SVN DOSBox from robertmo.
robertmo

Post by robertmo »

Lands of Lore: Guardians of Destiny (patch) - !. Black borders, cursor glitch.
Also - patch 1.30 is incompatible with DOSBox, can't create "daniel_wom" file.
That patch is not incompatible with DOSBox but with DOS (doesn't work on a real computer with dos too, not even with windows rebooted into command line). It needs windows.
X-Car: Experimental Racing - X. You need voodoo2/rush patch. Lines on the 2d surfaces.
I think the X should be removed as the game works, and instead information that: Static link is used, but works with voodoo2/rush patch (that just make the link dynamic ;) )
If you know a way to run this game/games in Xp (even with software mode) - please tell.
Tnx.
I guess you could try installing win9x in dosbox :)
Battlecruiser 3000 AD 2.0 - X. DOSBox incompatibility. The game freezes after the "new game" was selected.
I think 2.x are windows versions. Dos versions were 1.x
Though I have some 2.0 3dfx preview patch that works in DOS...
Dreams of Reality. Small glitches (text blinling, shadows).
"real shadows" option is not available with dreamsfx.exe on my Pentium 166MMX with real Voodoo1 4MB card too. (btw this game doesn't work with voodoo2 (haven't found any patch for that) )
Jetfighter: Full Burn
if you start training and press * for switching views you will notice water on the ship.
It is a nglide problem most probably because:
With real voodoo1 and voodoo2 cards it is only a small stripe of water error. Real computer behaves like dosboxglide+real voodo (small stripe water error too).