Turok 1 Map issue

Report bugs, errors, problems, etc.
Fireseed

Turok 1 Map issue

Postby Fireseed » Tue Mar 16, 2010 7:47 pm

Hi,

first of all, thanks for this great Glide Wrapper! I´ve tested many wrappers for some old games, but nGlide is the best in my opinion. But I´ve recognized a small issue by playing Turok 1 (Dinosaur Hunter). The ingame Map does not work correctly, only in "secret areas" the Map work as intended. But in all other areas the map are not shown. The strange thing is, the Player position (the yellow "/\" in the center of the screen) is shown on the map, but all other infos like obstacles, walls, borders and so on are not shown.

8600 GTS (Driver: 196.75)
NGlide Version 0.92
Turok 2 US-Version 1.00

I´ve made two comparsion screens. Please check them out and contact me if you need any additional infos.

Thanks for great work, btw: T2 runs great with Minimap in all areas! :)
Attachments
t1_bug2.jpg
Regular (Start) Area without working Map
t1_bug2.jpg (196.42 KiB) Viewed 2978 times
t1_bug.jpg
Secret Area with working Map
t1_bug.jpg (134.45 KiB) Viewed 2978 times
Last edited by Fireseed on Thu Mar 18, 2010 1:55 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Zeus
Site Admin

Re: Turok 1 Map issue

Postby Zeus » Wed Mar 17, 2010 10:10 pm

Welcome Fireseed. Thanks for your support.

Unfortunately the mini map bug is not correlated with the wrapper or even renderer. It's in-game bug and cannot be solved. D3D version of Turok renders map in the same way. :cry:

Fireseed

Postby Fireseed » Thu Mar 18, 2010 3:54 pm

Oh this means the Map won´t work in Direct3D too?
What a mess... Turok without Map is really a challenge, unfavorable the later levels.
But thanks anyway for the reply! :)

dragonx1013

Postby dragonx1013 » Tue Jan 10, 2012 6:47 pm

Actually, the issue is not with graphics or rendering, if it were the game just would not render anything, but you get the arrow and the North indicator as well as maps in the special areas.

An easy way around this is to enable the cheat for full map. Try either one of these GNNTRTMNT or TRNTNNQ. This is a CHEAT so you will see all the map, but its better than nothing.

Return to “Problems”