Lands of Lore 2: Guardians of Destiny

Report bugs, errors, problems, etc.
Dark Savant

Lands of Lore 2: Guardians of Destiny

Post by Dark Savant »

First I would like to thank you for this wonderful glide wrapper. It works wonderfully in many games I have already tried but I can`t manage to get it work with Lands of Lore 2.

In your compatibility list you wrote:

"To play in Glide mode you must have Patch 1.30 installed. Run game with 'lolg95.exe'"

but LoL2 has glide only in DOS mode. You can not select glide in windows mode, just direct3d. There are well known artifacts (black boxes around textures) under direct3d with nvidia drivers under windows 7 so I would naturally want to play it under glide.

I tried to run it in DosBox with gulikoza patch according to your general DOS Box instructions to no avail. It installs fine under dos box but crashes when I choose hardware acceleration. It runs fine in software mode, both under DOS box or Windows.

I have windows 7 HP 32bit with latest nvidia drivers, LoL2 v1.30 and latest versions of nGlide and DOS Box.
Zeus
Site Admin

Re: Lands of Lore 2: Guardians of Destiny

Post by Zeus »

Yes, there was a mistake on the list. Right now I'm working with the DOS version. The black trees problem is already solved, but the cursor problem still persists, so there won't be full support in the next release. Probably later than 0.96.
crashes when I choose hardware acceleration
Did you set memsize=63 in dosbox.conf? If you have glide2x.ovl file in the game directory, delete it. Try also other builds.
Dark Savant

Post by Dark Savant »

WhiteMagicRaven - Thanks it works with above build.

Graphics are beautiful on glide but there are even more problems than under D3D windows mode. Black textures are still present, there is a glitch with cursor in menu, the aspect ratio is weird (whole picture is not centered but on left side, with black space on right) and overall performance is a bit choppy on my laptop.
D3D mode under windows suffers only by black textures and have none of other above mentioned problems.

Still much work to do Zeus but I hope you can manage it eventually. :P
Zeus
Site Admin

Post by Zeus »

Update to nGlide 0.96.
Dark Savant

Post by Dark Savant »

Above mentioned errors are on nGlide 0.96
Zeus
Site Admin

Post by Zeus »

Above mentioned errors are on nGlide 0.96
Impossible. Your post is from yesterday, but nGlide 0.96 was released today.
Black textures
aspect ratio is weird
Please post the screenshots and nGlide settings.
Dark Savant

Post by Dark Savant »

Impossible. Your post is from yesterday, but nGlide 0.96 was released today.
I am in Central European time zone. :roll:

black textures (same in fullscreen mode)

nGlide 0.96 all settings on default
Zeus
Site Admin

Post by Zeus »

I am in Central European time zone
I was looking at the wrong date... :lol:

Nevermind... I think I know what the problem is... You need to delete glide2x.dll from DOSBox directory. If not OpenGlide - default wrapper will be used instead of nGlide.
Dark Savant

Post by Dark Savant »

Yes, that solved the problem with black textures and picture not being centered. But as you said there is no cursor in game to navigate and overall performance is quite bad comparing to windows version. Should I configure some settings to improve really sluggish framerate at the moment? BTW I am running the game from original cd-rom and not image file.