Zeus
Site Admin

Re: Lands of Lore 2: Guardians of Destiny

Postby Zeus » Wed May 02, 2012 11:59 am

Disable Vsync in nGlide configurator.

tsteine

Postby tsteine » Wed May 02, 2012 1:55 pm

I did that, as well as disabling it in dosbox (not that it would matter) I'll have to check if the nvidia control panel is overriding vsync settings, now that I think about it, it might be related to the adaptive vsync nvidia introduced in the latest drivers only for the GTX 680.

Edit: the problem persists even when vsync is disabled in the nGlide configurator, dosbox as well as the nvidia control panel. It's also important to note that there is noticeable horizontal tearing, so I'm fairly confident that vsync is not enabled.
Last edited by tsteine on Wed May 02, 2012 9:52 pm, edited 1 time in total.

tsteine

Postby tsteine » Wed May 02, 2012 9:04 pm

It appears the problem is with either the GTX 680 or the R300 drivers for the gtx 680.

I copied my dosbox and LoLG installation to my server pc running an i7 950 and an ATI Radeon HD4890, installed nGlide and used the same settings, moving the cursor no longer slowed down the game.

Zeus
Site Admin

Postby Zeus » Tue May 08, 2012 10:09 pm

Silver83 wrote:Black_B: Black Boarders (this is the problem you showed me in your screenhot)
Black T: Black Textures (don't appear directly after loading...just walk a few seconds and/or load it 3,4,5 times

Problems fixed. Download nGlide 0.99.

TheStranger

Postby TheStranger » Sat Sep 08, 2012 10:32 am

Hi,

first I want to say thank you for improving the gaming experience of our beloved old games :)

And I wanted to ask if there are any news concerning the framerate drop in Lands of Lore 2? Apart from that it would run just perfect. But as one user said, there are some areas where the framerate drops significantly and my PC is not that bad (AMD Quad Core 3,2 GHz, 8GB RAM, ATI 5770).

So do you plan any new releases including this matter? Or shouldn't I expect any updates on this topic. (I started a new game of LOL2 and if you are planning to relesease something in the near future I would pause playing ;))

Thank You

Kingravel

Postby Kingravel » Sun Feb 10, 2013 12:27 pm

Hello!
I tried to make my own ready to play-version of LOL2 under the recent dosbox-build of Taewoong. I tried everything to get 3dfx-support to work, but my results are not satisfiying. I did the following:

1. I've installed the recent nglide (1.00), deactivated Vsync.
2. Then I set memsize=63 and fullscreen mode in dosbox-ini.
3. I deleted the following files from the dosbox-folder: glide2x.dll, glide2x.ovl, glide2x_emu.ovl

When I start the game, the hardware-acceleration is greyed out.
When I keep the files glide2x.ovl and glide2x_emu.ovl in the dosbox folder, the game will let me choose hardware acceleration. When I start a game, the 3dfx-Splashscreen appears two times instead of one time. In the game, there are no blackboxes around objects (as with the default dosbox-emulation), but the mouse-cursor is nearly invisible and bad to control.

Thank you for your help!

Gamecollector

Postby Gamecollector » Sun Feb 10, 2013 6:13 pm

Kingravel wrote:3. I deleted the following files from the dosbox-folder: glide2x.dll, glide2x.ovl, glide2x_emu.ovl

You must delete only glide2x.dll. Glide2x.ovl must be present.
Mouse cursor troubles - check the videodriver settings, you must disable Vsyng in nGlide Cobfigurator AND in Windows.
Asus P4P800 SE/Pentium4 3.2E/2 Gb DDR400 (3-3-3-8),
Radeon HD3850 Agp (Sapphire), Catalyst 14.4 (XpProSp3).
2 Voodoo2 12 MB (SLI), Win2k drivers 1.02.00 (XpProSp3).

Kingravel

Postby Kingravel » Sun Feb 10, 2013 8:11 pm

Hi, thanks for your reply!
glide2x.ovl is back in the folder, I deactivated vsync both in the nglide config and in the nvidia settings. However, there are still two splash screens (one after another) and the mouse problem persists... :(

gulikoza

Postby gulikoza » Mon Feb 11, 2013 10:12 pm

Delete 3dfxSpl2.dll from DOSBox dir.

willow31

Postby willow31 » Thu Jul 24, 2014 6:28 pm

I have a problem;
If I delete glide2x.dll in dosbox directory, game doesn't launched. If I don't delete glide2x.dll, game launche but I have black trees.

I have made the thing in the faq
Does nGlide also support DOS Glide games?
Yes, but not in native Windows environment. You must install DOSBox with Gulikoza's patch.
These three builds contain it: Ykhwong's, CosmicDan's, Gulikoza's. After installation delete glide2x.dll file from DOSBox directory (if any) and set memsize=63 and fullscreen=true in dosbox.conf. Last step is to install nGlide. Now you can run DOS Glide games from DOSBox console.

My config:
ands of lore 2 + patch 1.3 + dosbox daum + nglide (I have tired 1.0 and 1.03 and same problem)
windows vista 32bits
nvidia 9600 gm with the last driver available for this card

edit: I have the same problem with screamer rally. If I delete glide2x.dll in dosbox directory, game doesn't launched. If glide2x.dll is in dosbox directory, glide logo is displayed and game launched.

edit: I have tried a solution: If I don't use opengl like renderer, game doesn't launched. With opengl renderer it works, but games are very slow and sound suttured. How make?

Return to “Problems”