Some glitches in Unreal engine games

Report bugs, errors, problems, etc.
Moff

Some glitches in Unreal engine games

Post by Moff » Sat Jan 20, 2018 11:01 pm

Hi.
Lately i've been playing Unreal Tournament a lot using nGlide, and for the most part it works just fine, but there is a couple of annoying glitches.
When i force resolution through nGlide configuration, i end up with some sort of pixel-wide border at the left and top edges of the screen that don't seem to update properly. After a few minutes of gameplay these pixels take on some bright color and just stay that way. It only seems to happen with Unreal engine games, in other games that i tried (Carmageddon 2, NFS 3, Divine Divinity) forced resolution works without any problems.
The other glitch occurs when you're looking through a small opening, or a slit of some sort, a surface or an object your'e looking at may not get drawn (see screenshot). Though i'm not sure if it's an issue with nGlide or game's renderer.
Both of these are minor issues, but it would be cool if they can be ironed out.

Zeus
Site Admin

Re: Some glitches in Unreal engine games

Post by Zeus » Wed Feb 07, 2018 4:38 am

I'll see what can be done about it... Thanks for the report.

Zeus
Site Admin

Post by Zeus » Sun Jun 23, 2019 10:57 pm

Moff wrote:
Sat Jan 20, 2018 11:01 pm
When i force resolution through nGlide configuration, i end up with some sort of pixel-wide border at the left and top edges of the screen that don't seem to update properly.
Fixed.
Moff wrote:
Sat Jan 20, 2018 11:01 pm
The other glitch occurs when you're looking through a small opening, or a slit of some sort, a surface or an object your'e looking at may not get drawn (see screenshot). Though i'm not sure if it's an issue with nGlide or game's renderer.
I confirmed this to be a renderer bug.

Moff

Post by Moff » Sat Jun 29, 2019 8:09 pm

Zeus wrote:
Sun Jun 23, 2019 10:57 pm
Fixed.
Nice, thanks! The game seems to look a bit "cleaner" in general with the latest version.
Though i noticed that now after i exit the game rundll32.exe process remains running in the background, and it seems to be doing something as it uses up about 10% CPU. Also, i'm playing the game through steam, and until i shut down rundll32.exe, steam would sometimes show that the game is still running.

Zeus
Site Admin

Post by Zeus » Sat Jun 29, 2019 11:31 pm

Moff wrote:
Sat Jun 29, 2019 8:09 pm
Though i noticed that now after i exit the game rundll32.exe process remains running in the background
There have been a lot of similar reports on GOG.com lately so I guess it's a recent Windows update that causes this.

I fixed this problem on my PC years ago and from what I remember this had nothing to do with nGlide, but Win7 Games Explorer aka GameUX. The permanent fix was to open "c:\windows\syswow64", rename "gameux.dll" to "gameux_.dll" and restart a system.

Zeus
Site Admin

Post by Zeus » Thu Jul 04, 2019 12:46 pm

An alternative solution to Games Explorer freeze on Vista/7 is to open regedit.exe,

navigate to [HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\Local Settings\Software\Microsoft\Windows\GameUX\ServiceLocation] and set:
"Games"="localhost"