nGlide and DOSBox

Report bugs, errors, problems, etc.
CosmicDan

Re: nGlide and DOSBox

Postby CosmicDan » Fri Apr 02, 2010 1:39 am

Hey no problem Zeus, thanks for the wrapper =) Credits to gulikoza though I just figured out how to compile :lol:

Greetings gulikoza :mrgreen: I can provide updated patches and binaries if desired for the latest CVS builds soon, with SDL_Sound providing the OGG-in-cuesheet capability (MP3 still appears broken though). Also updated most of the D3D shaders.

I will reply on your Glide thread @ VOGONS when I get all the patches + binary sorted if that suits :)

EDIT: Also note I'm compiling in VisualC 2008, the binaries appear somewhat faster than MinGW or Cygwin builds.
Regards, Dan a.k.a "Jonus Conrad"
jonus.me/ || twitter.com/jonusc || facebook.com/jonusc

Postby Guest » Fri May 14, 2010 10:29 am

Hello guys!

I've also done some testing with CosmicDan's excellent pre-0.74 build, and I must say I'm impressed. It has a very good preformance compared to the old OpenGlide builds. Tomb Raider, Screamer 2, Screamer Rally runs smooth, with a little config tweak, the sound lag can be stopped completly as well. I also like to ask something, I really liked Tomb Raider the way it works now, but the videos forces to exit from fullscreen for its duration, and then the game returns to fullscreen. Is there a way, not to allow nglide to switch back to windowed mode during the video time? Thank you, I also look forward for a new DOSBox glide build based on the real 0.74 source. Keep up the good work guys! Hope you can find a way to mak even Carmageddon work as well as these games.

Zeus
Site Admin

Postby Zeus » Fri May 14, 2010 3:56 pm

Of course there is a way. Simply change 'fullscreen=false' line to 'fullscreen=true' in dosbox.conf.

Postby Guest » Fri May 14, 2010 4:18 pm

That I have tried, and works only for the very first video. Every video that tooks place between the game menu and the game itself is played in window mode, this is not the case with the old OpenGlide builds, but I want to use this from now on. Perhaps it is a glide issue, not sure...

Zeus
Site Admin

Postby Zeus » Mon Jul 05, 2010 3:08 pm

Try nGlide 0.93.

Now there's official support for:
-Tomb Raider
-Tomb Raider: Unfinished Business
-Grand Theft Auto
-Grand Theft Auto: London 1969
-Carmageddon

WhiteMagicRaven

Postby WhiteMagicRaven » Wed Aug 04, 2010 4:16 pm

Where get DOSBOX that works with nGlide?

Zeus
Site Admin

Postby Zeus » Wed Aug 04, 2010 5:35 pm

Postby Guest » Mon Aug 09, 2010 9:53 am

Thank you guys you're the BEST!!! Carmageddon runs like a dream with dosbox in 1440*900 resolution, with no sound and other crash, DOSBox console shows no problems, and the game runs as smoothly as ever.

WhiteMagicRaven

Postby WhiteMagicRaven » Wed Aug 11, 2010 7:16 pm

Thanx. I now can run dos glide based games (but for me works CosmicDan dosbox version).
I even force resolution to 1680x1050 so its amazing, the last thing that i want know: how to turn vsync on?
ATI Control panel only works for Direct3D and OpenGL games (Wait for vertical refresh - always on) but this doesnot affect nGlide.
P.S. I have tested Heretic2 and i can say with nGlide Heretic2 works faster than with OpenGL =0 Impressive.

Zeus
Site Admin

Postby Zeus » Fri Aug 13, 2010 1:03 pm

(Wait for vertical refresh - always on) but this doesnot affect nGlide

What exactly is wrong? Game is working too fast for you (btw, what game? Heretic2?) or you are noticing screen tearing effect?

I cannot help you if it's driver problem. I can recommend to try different drivers.

Return to “Problems”