Rollcage Stage 2: Crash on the Ventura Track

Report bugs, errors, problems, etc.
JackReal

Rollcage Stage 2: Crash on the Ventura Track

Postby JackReal » Wed Dec 08, 2010 2:23 am

First of all, thanks a lot for all the hard work you have put into the development of the best GlideEmulator to date :)

As an owner of a rather new PC rig and still a fan of older PC games, I highly appreciate nGlide. It has replaced zeckensack's GlideWrapper on my hard disk.

Unfortunately, I have a problem with Rollcage Stage 2.
The game works well in Glide-mode but crashes once you try a race on the Ventura stage. The same track works for me in Direct3D mode - but only with graphical glitches, which goes for the whole D3D-mode when combined with modern graphics adapters.

I really hope you can sort this out.

Edit: Just tried the same track with zeckensack's and it works. Hmm, quite fishy, the whole thing.

Zeus
Site Admin

Re: Rollcage Stage 2: Crash on the Ventura Track

Postby Zeus » Wed Dec 08, 2010 9:54 pm

Thanks for your support. This bug will be fixed in the next release.

JackReal

Re: Rollcage Stage 2: Crash on the Ventura Track

Postby JackReal » Mon Dec 20, 2010 12:26 pm

Zeus wrote:Thanks for your support. This bug will be fixed in the next release.

Good to read that!

I'd really love to see a perfect GlideEmulator.

Regarding Rollcage Stage 2, I've managed to fix the graphical glitches in Direct3D-mode by simply turning off bump mapping and moving the texture slider completely to the left.

While playing the first part of the series, Rollcage 1, with zeckensack's GlideWrapper, I've realized that it is really outdated now, probably owing to the latest driver updates by nVidia. The game crashes after completing a race or two. Fortunately, the game works perfectly with your emulator. Same goes for Disney's Tarzan which crashes on exit with zeckensack's while being completely stable with nGlide.

Please keep up developing this almost essential tool for older games with glide support!

Return to “Problems”